[Nfbmt] Fred's Head

Rik James montanarikster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 05:43:06 UTC 2013

Hey folks.

Facebook.
Is it not so that you need to be invited to be able to get to be a friend?
At least in some cases I have found that someone will tell me go and find me
(or us.) on Facebook. But I will find that someone actually needs to invite
me and then I am in the group. Group, maybe that is it.

Anyhow.
I am on Twitter, and am on Facebook. But I have only casually signed up and
have an account and have not found that I am drawn to spend so much time
with it.
But maybe that is because I am still really just pecking away on a computer
and using an internet browser.

I am thinking I cannot be the only one who feels like they are at the bus
station but are not sure which direction or what time that the buses are
running.
Sometimes I do not even know if I want to get on or not, and just enjoy my
life without trying to always be trying to catch up on all the technology.
Strum the old 6-string and let the keyboard sit idly by, beckoning though it
may ever be.

But it is sort of like anything else. No matter where you are sitting,
someone next to you is buzzing on about something and it sounds interesting.

Some of you may already know about Fred's Head on the American Printing
House.
I got an email today from the Twitter people. They asked if I knew Fred's
Head.

Sure, I remember him and the good works there. Usually I could learn a few
things.
I went and found some good pieces to keep me in the loop of catching up,
somewhat.
So I might suggest some of you visit the blog site, if you want to or in the
same boat as me.

The latest recent post is about typing and using voiceover.
Nicely described for the odd old duck feathers like me.

Here is the link.
http://www.fredshead.info/

At some point, I think it might be good to have some sort of a forum or
seminar and see if we can all find some common grounds and do what it is we
have always liked to do, to share ideas and tips and learn from each other.
If some of you agree, maybe we could imagine and conceive it together.

For me, I like to do some music, too. Just to break up the head space a bit.

Cheers.
Rik