[Nfbmt] Email Who uses what email software? And aboutour discussion list

James Aldrich jkaldrich at samobile.net
Mon Nov 4 01:04:07 UTC 2013

Hi Rik and all,

That was good!  Technology can be great when it works but when it
decides to go dead as it did last night when i was answering your post,
well, that's frustrating!  needless to say, I'm trying again!

I can use a timer on my IPhone to time that sausage or bacon while it
is cooking if I choose to do so.  Quite often, Dar may start a stake or
baked potato as an example, start IPhone timer while she enjoyes a
pleasant day outside!    She could be doing laundry and keep track of
something she is timing upstairs.  Might this work?

Somebody on another list mentioned a bluetooth keyboard sold by Amazon
Basics.  I don't have any experience with this keyboard myself but here
are the details on it.

Manufacturer: AmazonBasics
Manufacturer reference: KT-1081
Product Dimensions: 10.4 inches x 4.6 inches x 0.7 inches; 9.6 ounces
Shipping Weight: 13.6 ounces
ASIN: B005EOWBKE

Technical Details
Bluetooth technology provides a cable-free connection
Keyboard pairs easily with the new iPad, iPad 2, iPad 1, iPhone and
Bluetooth enabled iPod touch
Slim, compact design features low-profile, scissor-switch keys, uses 2
AAA batteries (included)
Keyboard shortcuts enable easy access to home screen, search screen,
show/hide onscreen keyboard as well as media and volume control
Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging

  I have been using an Apple Bluetooth keyboard which I purchased
through Amazon for $60 some years ago!  It still works nicely!

One has two typing modes on the IPhone.  These can be set while in an
edit field in a text message, note or Email. Turn the rotor control on
the screen til typing mode is heard. Swipe up the screen to get
standarde typing where one would double tap the letter before it is
actually entered.  Swipe down to get touch typing where one slides
their finger on the screen till the letter is heard. Lift up this
finger and the desired letter is entered. Typing the icons is slower
but this can be done!  I often wake up in the early morning and Email
in bed while Dar sleeps.  This is a nifty way to get my Email done at
that time of the morning! I often type the Icons when I'm outside on a
pleasant day!

Another means of typing is through an app known as fleksy.  It is
strange spelling but many feel it is faster to type on the screen using
this app.  I have this on my phone but haven't used it much!

With the  new IOS7.0.3 upgrade, the IPhone has two ways of placing
phone calls.  when making calls.  One normally places calls through the
phone's carrier as ATT or Verizon. For some time the IPhone, IPod or
IPad has utilized Face Time which is similar to Skype in some ways.
Each of these devices can place video calls to other IPhones, IPods and
IPads. Face Time Audio was added in this latest upgrade.  All face time
calls go through a Wi Fi connection. Other than one's normal costs for
cable or phone company internet, all Wi Fi calls are free!  I have
spoken to England and Australia and the people I spoke with sounded as
if they were next door!  This was incredible to me! When I'm
downstairs, I don't always receive my calls due to a weak signal from
Verizon.  Face Time Audio calls would come through much better
especially when I'm not far from my router. no matter if it is a
regular call or face time, the default ringer is heard.  There is no
voicemail with Face Time Audio but one will see this in their missed calls.

          I guess my technology worked this time even though I closed
the lid on my Netbook to enjoy supper.  I'll send this now!

Jim