[Nfbmt] At Large Chapter Meeting 11/09/2013 10:00 A.M.

Rebecca Stewart becca33 at bresnan.net
Fri Nov 8 23:01:05 UTC 2013

Hi Bruce.  The situation with TSA has been of great concern for me for some
time now as I fly often and have had "issues" with how TSA has treated me in
my dealings with them.  I have an idea.  I think the biggest problem with
TSA is that they haven't been trained on how to process a blind person
through security.  I have some very simple but I believe effective ideas on
how TSA could process us through security in an effective manner while we
maintain our dignity and sense of personal security ourselves.  I don't know
how everyone else has been treated at TSA in the airports but I often wind
up feeling violated and unsafe myself and my safety as well as my children's
have been compromised by the lack of training for tSA in the past and this
is of grave concern for me.  I would like to share my ideas with everyone
and see if they have anything to add to my ideas regarding this and after I
discuss this with our state NFB, I want to produce a video demonstrating my
ideas for this and perhaps TSA will get the message and things will change.
I am going to try to make the meeting in the morning but I may not be able
to as I'm currently in Maryland.  I just thought I'd give you a head's up:)