[Nfbmt] From David Andrews

James Aldrich jkaldrich at samobile.net
Fri Nov 29 16:13:25 UTC 2013

Hi Rebecca and all,

For some time, braille has had a number of systems within it which at
times could be a bother.  if one wished to write an Email address, one
would need to go into computer braille writing a couple of signs to
indicate this was going to happen, then end the Email address with two
other signs.  There is also the Nemeth Code Math And Science braille
Code which will still be in use!  The idea is to translate the printed
page more easily into braille and back again!  A more systematic
approach was needed for computer technology.

I have been reading braille for some years now and I'm certain I'll
need to adapt to some changes but they won't be so drastic as learning
something totally new!  They say this new EUB System will be much
easier!  I haven't seen anything in this new format so I can't judge
for myself presently!  I would agree it is a good idea to learn braille
when you can!  You should be able to easily adapt to the EUB.  I doubt
basic braille characters will change!

Jim