[Nfbmt] anyone tried to use Facebook with an alternative software?

Rik James montanarikster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 19:03:19 UTC 2014

Hello again,

I was catching up on my podcast listening and heard about GW SocialEyes software.
Have any of you all tried it?
I struggle periodically with using Facebook. Actually struggle regularly is the better way to describe it.
I mostly feel like it is such a time stealer just trying to wade through many things I am not all that interested in.
But it is a real viable communication tool these days. So I am exploring about alternative ways to use it.

To read more about it, read more below.
Thanks.
Rik

This below is all from a web page posted on Radio Announce, a list serve discussion.
http://www.acbradio.org/pipermail/radio-announce/2014-March/000607.html

https://www.gwmicro.com/Catalog/GWSocialEyes/?moreInfo=8213-020

And if you are using it, let us know what is your experience. Okay?
If I think it will work, I would pay the 40 bucks for the annual subscription.
They say it works with all the screen reading software programs.

The podcast where I heard about it was on Eyes on Success:

1413 GW SocialEyes for FaceBook Users (Mar. 26, 2014) Although social media is becoming ubiquitous, some of the web-sites arecumbersome to use for people with visual impairments. This week hosts Nancyand Peter Torpey talk with Stephen Clower from GW Micro about their recentlylaunched SocialEyes which facilitates using FaceBook with any of the commonscreen readers, including demonstrations of some features. The audio and show notes for this episode can be found at:www.EyesOnSuccess.net Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes or by pasting the following text intoyour favorite podcatching program:www.EyesOnSuccess.net/eos_podcast You can also join our listener e-mail forum to receive weekly announcementsof upcoming shows and network with other listeners by sending and e-mail to:EyesOnSuccess+Subscribe at googleGroups.com Check out Eyes On Success (formerly ViewPoints)A weekly, half hour audio program for people living with low visionFind out more about the show and get links to the podcasts at: <http://www.eyesonsuccess.net/> www.EyesOnSuccess.net