[Nfbmt] Butte-Helena-Great Falls Intercity Bus Service Restored

Bruce&Joy bjb5757 at bresnan.net
Wed Feb 19 01:04:58 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone,

Here is the press release from Salt Lake Express, and Montana Department of
Transportation about the intercity service reinstated from Butte to Great
Falls.

Thanks and have a good day.

Patrick Sanders

Transportation Coordinator

Disability Employment and Transitions

Department of Public Health and Human Services

406-782-4046

Monday, Wednesday-Friday- Butte Office

Tuesday- Helena Office no phone

###

For Immediate Release:
Contact:

February 18, 2014
Jacob Price, Operations Manager

208-317-8212

                 David Jacobs,

                 MDT Transit Section Supervisor

                 406-444-4265

Intercity Bus Service Restored to I-15 Corridor from Butte to Great Falls

Salt Lake Express to serve eight communities along corridor starting
February 20th

Salt Lake Express announced today that they will begin intercity bus service
between Butte, Helena, and Great Falls starting February 20th, serving eight
communities on the I-15 corridor north of Butte that have been without
service since last summer. The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT)
and Salt Lake Express have been working on restoring the connection since
that time, culminating in a signed contract last week. Funding comes from
the Federal Transit Administration 5311(f) Intercity Bus Program, which is
designed to connect rural communities with urban centers and with the
National Bus Network.

Communities along I-15 north of Butte first lost service in March, 2013 when
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) inspectors shut down the
Billings-based Rimrock Stages bus fleet. Salt Lake Express operated the
route last summer, but ridership was not high enough for it to be
financially viable, so service was terminated until a funding source could
be found.

"This is a great additional connection for us," said Tom Price, the owner of
Salt Lake Express. "This will allow the people living in this corridor to
have access to all the destinations we serve as well as into the National
Bus Network which includes the continental U.S. This gives them more options
for transportation. We are excited to partner with the Montana Department of
Transportation on this project!" Price has won awards for his business. He
was named Businessman of the Year by the Rexburg Chamber of Commerce and has
led the Salt Lake Express administration team to success by his wisdom,
perseverance and inspiration.

Stops on the new route will include Great Falls, Ulm Junction, Cascade,
Craig Junction, Wolf Creek, Helena, Boulder, Basin, and Butte. This service
will connect at the Butte Bus Transfer Center with the Salt Lake Express bus
to Rexburg, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, and Salt Lake City via

MORE >>>

I-15; and the Jefferson Lines I-90 eastbound and westbound routes to
Missoula, Bozeman, Billings, and points beyond. Buses will run on the
following schedule:

.        Great Falls to Butte southbound via I-15: Great Falls 3:15pm;
Helena 5:45pm; arriving in Butte at 6:15pm.

.        Butte to Great Falls northbound via I-15: Butte 6:45pm; Helena
8:00pm; arriving in Great Falls at 9:45pm.

Salt Lake Express's goal is to reach all rural and urban communities with
their own connections as well as coordinating with numerous other providers
throughout the state in these regions they serve. This goal of connectivity
is shared by Montana Transportation Department. Salt Lake Express currently
operates eight other routes in Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. All these routes
connect to each other in a timely fashion with very few layovers and waiting
time. Seamless connectivity throughout this region has been achieved as a
result of an outstanding management team and includes the routes between the
following communities and points in between:

.        Salt Lake Express provides service from Rexburg, ID to Salt Lake
City, UT (11 times daily)

.        Salt Lake City, UT to Provo, UT (2 times daily)

.        Idaho Falls, ID to Butte, MT (2 times daily)

.        Rexburg, ID to West Yellowstone, MT (2 times daily)

.        Rexburg, ID to Jackson, WY(2 times daily)

.        Pocatello, ID to Boise, ID (2 times daily)

.        Logan, UT to Salt Lake City, UT (11 times daily)

.        Logan, UT to Rexburg, ID (5 times daily)

To see all Salt Lake Express schedules or make reservations visit
<http://www.SaltLakeExpress.com> www.SaltLakeExpress.com or call
1-800-356-9796.

###

---