[Nfbmt] Social Security et al and working

Bruce&Joy Breslauer bjb5757 at bresnan.net
Tue Jan 7 03:58:30 UTC 2014

I'm 62 and I'm just wondering because one of these old days I'm going to
need to know.  LOL I work (making more than minimum wage) but I also am on
SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance), and there is a limit to how
much you can earn and still keep your disability payments.  It's not like
some things where you drop off gradually; you either get them or you don't.
After you become old enough, that no longer applies and you can work and
still collect Social Security.  I don't know what the earnings limit is for
just being old, though.

I don't consider myself old yet, either.  I don't usually feel old and I
don't sound old.  My body has not yet begun to rebel, and I know it was just
the other day that I was in high school.  Or was that college.  Anyway, my
kids have no business being as old as they are, because I'm certainly not.
And my grandkids?  Forget about it.  What do you mean the oldest ones are
fifteen, thirteen, and soon to be thirteen?  My oldest granddaughter is
certainly not going to be thirteen.  She'll give her daddy fits.  I heard
through the grapevine that she already has a boyfriend.  Boy am I going to
laugh watching her daddy get through the teenage years with his kids.