[Nfbmt] Good Treasure State chapter meeting

James Aldrich jkaldrich at samobile.net
Mon Jan 13 02:04:34 UTC 2014

Hi Rebecca and all,

I think both ideas are interesting ones except I can invision some
difficulty with these possibilities.

Roberts Rules are good to know but one can be so entangled with
following them to the letter, one may lose out on the issue being
discussed.  Our National Office prefers to have a not so strict
following of Roberts Rules to keep all issues out in the forefront.

The other problem is everybody has a landline phone or cell phone!  Not
everyone has a computer.  Go To Meeting is fine but it isn't as
accessible as it ought to be unless one works with a client which makes
Go To Meeting Manageable.  Serotek.com has such a client  but not
everyone uses Serotek Products.  I think we will need to work with the
phone for now!  We of course don't always know what capabilities new
people may have when they join us.  Newsline works on the principle
that everyone has a phone and anyone can use that phone to read the
newspaper even though one can download content to a player or use the
Newsline App on the IPhone.

I would not toss out this possibility completely as more of us come
online.  For now, the phone  is the most economical means we have to
conduct statewide meetings at this time.

I believe the conference line has other features which include
recording the conference call but I haven't fully investegated the
possibilities of what can be done with our conference line.

Keep those ideas coming!

Jim