[Nfbmt] traveling

Rebecca Stewart becca33 at bresnan.net
Sat Jan 25 00:28:05 UTC 2014

LOL.  Joy, as usual, you're a riot.  You are absolutely right with your tips
for being a safe travelor. I can't imagine living my life at home all the
time although that is how I lived before I met Randi.  About five years into
our marriage, my sister called me from Great Falls.  She was in the hospital
and none of the rest of the family would come and see her so she asked me to
come visit her.  At first I was scared to go by myself, could I really do
it?  Then I thought back to the last time I had taken the bus by myself,
back in the early 90's when I was a student at the deaf and blind school in
Great Falls and I would take the bus to Havre to see my family on the
weekends.  I remembered how much fun it had been so I decided to try it
again.  That experience of taking the bus to Great Falls from here so many
years ago began a strong love of traveling for me.  Since then, I travel
whenever I get the chance.  My only problem is that I have trouble deciding
where to go so I usually don't travel unless someone suggests a trip or I am
invited somewhere, that is why I wound up going to Denver for the CCB
anniversary celebration.  I never would have thought of going to Denver on
my own, there was nothing there to interest me as far as I knew. The more
one travels, the more confidence one aquires. Now, I travel out of state all
the time as well as taking the bus in state.  I go to Florida often, usually
with girl friends just so I haved someone to hang out with while I'm in Ft.
OLauderdale but I've been thinking about going to Ft.  Lauderdale by myself.
I've been there so many times now, I have made friends in Ft.  Lauderdale
who I could hang out with when I'm there by myself.  Plus, I love the
sunshine and the beaches.