[Nfbmt] Internet Support Team: Notice Assisting Affiliates with Web Sites, Facebook, and Twitter

Bruce&Joy Breslauer bjb5757 at bresnan.net
Mon Mar 9 11:01:34 UTC 2015

Found this old message From December 15, 2014, in the bowels of my computer.
It won't let me forward it, so I'm copying and pasting it.  It has
attachments containing information on how to set up and use FaceBook and
Twitter.  If anybody is interested, please let me know off list and I will
send you the contents of the attachments.   I guess we've come a little ways
since December, especially regarding getting the affiliate web site up and
running.  This seems to be just the information and resource we were looking
for.

This is my response in December to the message below.  Joy

This is great news.  See below.  What they would like to do in the future is
to encourage every state or division to use the free hosting capabilities of
the nfb.org web site.  Each state or division already has a folder set up,
and if each state uses it, they can get help to build and standardize their
web site, and if anything major changes, like if they changed the logo or
the wording of something nationally based, they could change it at national
on every web site so they would all be up to date at the same time.  This is
not mandatory, of course, but if the states decide to go with this as it
develops, it may make standardizing or updating some things a whole lot
easier.

There is a suggested standardized format for states and divisions to use for
their domain names as this develops, and it is statename at nfb.org or
divisionname at nfb.org.  So ours would be mt at nfb.org.

I have a phone appointment with someone from the communications committee
from National on January 2 to see if we can get the web site fully updated
and functioning.  It is better than it was thanks to David Andrews and Dan,
but we still need to get the new logo and tag line up.  Thought you'd be
interested in this update.  We can still use the NFb wet site developer
committee's resources, even if we keep our domain name and web site host as
it is now.