[Nfbmt] Good Examples of Fundraising ... what do we want to do?

President, NFB of Montana bjb5757 at bresnan.net
Thu May 7 08:09:11 UTC 2015

Below are some good examples of fundraising.  I know we had said that we
want to raffle off a Victor Stream at the convention, but we might reach a
wider audience by submitting the raffle to other lists to gain a wider
audience.  We might also think about something else to raffle off that would
have a more general appeal to a wider audience.  Just some suggestions.  I
know our funds are low, though.  Hence, the need for fundraising.  Joy

**********************************

Win an iPad Air 2 64 gig and support the National Federation of the Blind of
Washington!

Tickets are just $5 each, and the drawing will take place on May 16. You
will be contacted if you win and you need not be present to win.

Purchase Your Tickets by contacting Marci Carpenter at mjc59 at comcast.net .
Tell me how many tickets you want. Send a check or money order for your
tickets to the National Federation of the Blind of WA, PO Box 2516, Seattle
WA 98111. NFBW Treasurer Cindy Bennett will confirm receipt of your check by
contacting you directly.
Pay electronically through PayPal by sending your donation to NFBW Treasurer
Cindy Bennett at clb5590 at gmail.com She will confirm receipt of the PayPal to
you directly.

Hard copy ticket stubs are available upon request.

Learn about the iPad Air 2 64 Gig that you could win by visiting
 <http://www.apple.com/ipad-air-2/> http://www.apple.com/ipad-air-2/

The National Federation of the Blind of Washington knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles

Thank your for supporting the NFB of Washington!

Marci Carpenter, President

NFB of Washington

mjc59 at comcast.net

206-604-5507

*********************************

>In the spirit of our 75th convention the Ohio Association of Blind

>Students is taking on its biggest fundraising project thus far!  Take a

>chance on some fabulous gift card prizes to franchises like ITunes,

>Chipotle, and Bath and Bodyworks while supporting Ohio students young

>and old (well, maybe not that old).  Proceeds from the raffle will be

>split 50-50 between the Ohio Association of Blind Students and the fund

>for Ohio's 4th BELL Program in 2016.

Tickets will be sold 1 for $1 or 6 for $5.  There are 3 payment methods

>from which to choose.  They are:

1.  Pay online using our PayPal account.  Once your payment is received

>you will be sent an email from the Ohio Association of Blind Students

>gmail account containing your ticket numbers.  The link you will need

>is:

>https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick
<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6F>
&hosted_button_id=6F

>W5ZC8G45T8E

2.  Pay with a check.  If using this method please contact OABS

>treasurer Emily Pennington so she will know to expect your check and

>can give you the address.  Her email is emilypennington at fuse.net.  You

>will be sent an email containing your ticket numbers and confirmation

>that your check has been delivered.

3.  Pay with cash in Orlando.  Several OABS board members will be

>available to sell tickets.  Using this method will get you a brailled

>ticket stub instead of an electronic record of your ticket numbers.

>Be sure to hold onto your ticket(s) for later reference.

Winners will be announced after the buying period ends on Jul 15 by

>list serve and then contacted for their address.  If you have any

>questions feel free to email president Kaiti Shelton at

>kaiti.shelton at gmail.com or treasurer Emily Pennington at

>emilypennington at fuse.net.

The Ohio Association of Blind Students thanks you in advance for the

>support of our division and the Ohio BELL Program.  With your help we

>can build the Federation and change what it means to be blind for

>students in Ohio!

>Kaiti Shelton

>University of Dayton 2016.

>Music Therapy, Psychology, Philosophy

>President, Ohio Association of Blind Students Sigma Alpha Iota-Delta

>Sigma

**********************************

The Florida Association of Blind Students (FABS) is offering an opportunity
for you to celebrate our 75th anniversary by cruising the open sea. The 75th
Diamond Cruise raffle offers an individual a chance to win a cruise voucher
worth 750 dollars from the cruise line of your choice, or the cash option of
750 dollars. The price of this outstanding raffle is only 5 dollars. and the
drawing will be held during the 75th national Convention on July 10th at
noon. The fabulous part of this raffle is that you do not have to be present
to win.

  The 75th Diamond Cruise raffle tickets are available prior to convention
by sending the desired amount with your name and phone number to:

Paul Martinez

3478 Saint Bart Ln. Apt. 103

Tampa, Florida 33614

If you have any questions fill free to call me at813-390-5720.

Paul M. Martinez

President,  Florida Association of Blind Students Second Vice President,
NFBFL Board of Directors Vice President, Florida State Wide Chapter
Paul09ms at gmail.com

Ph: 813-390-5720

*****************************

Good Morning,

The State of Montana Employee Charitable Giving Campaign (SECGC) is now
accepting applications from nonprofits to be included in the fall 2015
campaign.  Many of you indicated that you would like to donate to nonprofits
that were not on the list, so please feel free to share this information
with your favorite non-profits so they can submit their 2015 funding
application.

SECGC Application Available At:

www.secgcapp.mt.gov

Application Due: