[Nfbmt] Reminder: Local VRBS Meeting Tomorrow in Great Falls

Breslauers breslauerj at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 01:02:47 UTC 2015

You are invited to a.......

Vocational Rehabilitation and Blind Services (VRBS)

Town Hall Meeting

To Discuss

Workforce innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)

Pre-Employment Training Services (PETS)

And other issues

Where:  Great Falls

When:   Tuesday  November 17, 2015 from 1:30 to 3:30

VRBS Office, 201 1st Street South, Suite 2

There will be a call-in line available.  Participants on the call-in line
will have the opportunity to join in the discussion.

Call-in information is:

Toll-free 1-877-668-4490       Access Code  804 015 091

Below are more details about the Town Hall meetings with the Disability
Employment and Transitions Department, concerning the upcoming program plans
for Blind and Low Vision Services, and the rest of Vocational Rehabilitation
and Blind Services.  We need to hear from the NFB of Montana especially on
work in the community for minimum wages or better.  Other input is most
welcome as well.  If you cannot attend in person, each site will have an open
telephone for phone input.  Hope to see you there!

This series of meetings will be different from the yearly public meetings
that VRBS has held in the past.  Previous meetings have been listening
sessions conducted over a satellite network.  VRBS listened and then
responded in writing at a later time.  These meetings will involve VRBS
visiting communities, and presenting on anticipated changes and having a
dialogue with stakeholders on the issues.  It may be possible to answer some
questions at the meetings, but there will likely still be some questions that
will have to be reviewed and researched prior to answering.  However, the
focus will be on a dialogue with stakeholders on how things will be changing
and how can the changes be done effectively.

VRBS service delivery is going to be different and these meetings are going
to be different.  We hope you have a chance to join us.

Written comments can be sent to:

Mike Hermanson

Disability Employment and Transitions Division

P. O. Box 4210

Helena, MT 59604.

Or email:  <mailto:mhermanson at mt.gov> mhermanson at mt.gov.

You can also post comments at:
<http://www.dphhs.mt.gov/detd/index.shtml#publiccomment>
http://www.dphhs.mt.gov/detd/index.shtml#publiccomment

Written and web comments deadline is November 25, 2015

Address: P.O. Box 1325, Great Falls, MT 59403

Phone: (406) 454-3096

Email: president at nfbofmt.org

Web Site: www.nfbofmt.org

It's TIME to Eliminate Subminimum Wages for People with Disabilities

http://www.nfb.org/TIME

Donate to the National Federation of the Blind of Montana
<http://www.nfbofmt.org/donate.html>