[Nfbmt] Hands up, who among us?

James Aldrich jkaldrich at samobile.net
Wed Oct 21 01:41:11 UTC 2015

Hi Rik and all,

As you probably know, the UEB will be officially launched starting
January, 2016.  It is presently quite readable by those who have used
braille for years.  since the braille rules will change, I probably
would seek out materials recommended by our three NFB Centers if I were
to attempt to teach it!  Braille manuals have been produced for adults
who wish to learn braille and they would be taught by those who kno
braille.  I would not attempt teaching braille without some kind of
manual.  I too have to get use to the new rules in The United English
Braille Code.

Jim