[Nfbmt] scholarship committee needs your help.

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 14:39:44 UTC 2016

It is that time of year again.  We are gearing up with respect to our
scholarship program.  Every state affiliate can help.  Please assist by doing
the following:

1.  Spread the word by sending out e-mails and the like to your listservs,
state libraries, Dept. of Rehabilitation Services, and the like.  (I am
pasting in an announcement below.

2.  Helping to schedule a conference call with your students with a member of
our scholarship committee.  You can do that through me at
pattischang at gmail.com.

3.  Contribute from your state affiliate to our national scholarship
breakfast which is the last opportunity for our committee and finalists to
meet during our national convention.  You can send checks made out to NFBI to
me at:  National Federation of the Blind of Illinois c/o Patti Gregory-Chang,
Treasurer 6919 W. Berwyn Ave. Chicago, IL 60656.  Please do not feel like a
large amount is needed.  We just want everyone to be a part.

Announcement:

National Federation of the Blind 2016 Scholarship Program

www.nfb.org/scholarships

Deadline: March 31, 2016

Are you a legally blind college student living in the United States or Puerto
Rico? This annual program offers 30 scholarships worth from $3,000 to $12,000
to eligible students, from high school seniors beginning their freshman year
in the fall semester of 2016, up through grad students working on their PhD
degrees. These merit scholarships are based on academic excellence, community
service, and leadership. In addition to the money, each winner will receive
assistance to attend the July 2016 NFB annual convention in Orlando, Florida
providing an excellent opportunity for high-level networking with active
blind persons in many different professions and occupations.  To apply, read
the rules and the Submission Checklist, complete the official 2016
Scholarship Application Form (online or in print), supply all required
documents, and request and complete one interview by an NFB affiliate
president (unless the president requests a later date). Applications are
accepted  through March 31. Go to  <http://www.nfb.org/scholarships>
www.nfb.org/scholarships for complete rules and requirements.

Please also consult your state president as many of our state affiliates also
award scholarships.  A list of state affiliate president information can be
found at:   <https://nfb.org/state-presidents-list>
https://nfb.org/state-presidents-list.

Of course you can add your state affiliate information at the end of the
above annoucement if you wish to do so.

Thanks for all you do.

"Every day we raise the expectations of blind people in the National
Federation of the Blind.  Live the Life You Want."

Patti Gregory Chang
National Federation of the Blind of Illinois, Treasurer
NFB Scholarship Committee Chair
pattischang at gmail.com

NFB of IL: www.nfbofillinois.org

NFB: www.nfb.org