[Nfbmt] ALERT: March 10 monthly meeting of the NFB of Montana's Treasure State At Large Chapter

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 20:13:42 UTC 2016

TELECONFERENCE CHAPTER MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT:
DATE:  Thursday, March 10, 2016
TIME:  6:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.

How's it going?
I hope to have you join us on Thursday!
I can tell you, It JUST WILL NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!
This is your Invitation to our monthly Treasure State At Large Chapter
Meeting.

DATE:  Thursday, February 10, 2016
TIME:  6:00 p.m.
Call in at this Totally Free Conference Telephone Number:
(712) 432-6100
Then dial in this Participant Access Passcode:
41010893#
Yes do not forget to press the pound sign after the number.
NOTE: Some using a mobile phone may like to as a convenience, create an
All-in-One Contact for this.
If you put 4 commas after the phone number, then the passcode, that will get
you there with one quick dial up. Those commas, they create a pause, so then
the code comes in.

If you missed the January and February meetings, we missed you, too.
We have had general discussions thus far this year. And we look to have many
more. We welcome proposals for topics and programs that will help our
movement to improve situationans and understandings about blind folks in
Montana.

Also, if you missed the last meeting, you are welcome to dial in and listen
to the recording that was made.
It is a no cost free feature of Totally Free Phone Conference which is
called Replay.
Just dial this number:  (This is the Replay Number):
(712) 432-6190
Then dial up the  Replay access code:
37424678#
And then you will be prompted to put in  the CODE for this specific recorded
meeting.
The February meeting CODE is:
1602#
This code is designed to be easy to remember
4 digits, year, then month, then pound sign.

I look forward to be speaking and moderating another  conversation talking
with you all on Thursday.
I will have to leave promptly at 7:00 p.m. as we have an event to attend.
But if at that time someone wants to continue to moderate, I think that
would be fine.

I am inviting some guests to join us.
The Program for this meeting is open ended.
There has been a discussion on the list serve about the ever growing number
various devices. Both high tech and low tech. Some solutions are actually
more of a thinking cap solution.
Another thread I would invite discussion is that of common misconceptions
about blindness. I imagine we all have some good personal examples and have
read about them. As ambassadors of changing what it means to be blind and
advocating that we can all live the life we want, this topick should be
right up our alley.

Finally, I would like to strongly recommend that you  regularly visit our
state affiliate's website.
www.nfbofmt.org
You will find many things there. Like about the annual state and national
conventions, our 2016 legislative urgent action needed issues, and last but
not least, information on where to send your annual dues, and other ways to
support and be involved with the National Federation of the Blind of
Montana. This outfit is important, and we have a lot to do. We need to grow,
and in large part, that is up to each and all of us. Your participation is
vital.

Thank you. for your support, your friendship and your willingness to help to
change what it means to be blind in Montana.
Rik James

The 2016 Treasure State Chapter officers are:
Rik James, President
Jim Aldrich, Vice President
Violet Sun Child, Secretary
Linda Hurlock, Treasurer

Contact Rik James at:
(406) 586-4123.
Also I have a NEW mobile phone number.
(406) 539-2578.
By email I am at d28rik at msn.com, montanarikster at gmail.com, or
rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Twitter.  I have a couple Twitter accounts. But I have not been tweeting
very much yet. Have you?
If so, please share with us your hash tag. And the Twitter cites that you
are following.

Rik James on Twitter:
#OhioTangyBrave
#RadioRikster