[NFBMT] Midsummer Message

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 16:56:36 UTC 2017

Hello, Montana Federationists.

I have just returned from an invigorating and exhausting week in Orlando at
our National Convention.  I hope some of you were able to stream it.  The
Presidential Report in particular was very exciting, and there were so many
good presentations.  You'll get to find out more about it in the
August-September Braille Monitor, which will be devoted mainly to convention
happenings.  Please make plans to attend next year's convention.  It really
can be a life-changing experience.

So now it's back to work in Montana.  We have a state convention to plan for
September 22-23 in Bozeman.  I really am at a loss as to what to include in
the agenda.  I want the convention to be fun, informative, and educational.
What types of things would you like to see at your convention?  What would
make you want to attend?  I know we usually have some interest in technology.
I think having a vendor day or afternoon is a good idea.  I would like to
open that portion of the convention to the public.

Since we are so small, we don't generally have the same problem that
attendees of the national convention have, which is needing to choose between
more than one activity that you would like to go to at the same time.  I have
heard some people say that the same things happen at every convention.  What
would you like to do differently?  Do you think we should have a teaching
time on something like the Victor Stream?  Personally, I would like to do
that in a chapter setting, or over the phone, with someone as the facilitator
walking us through how to do this or that on the Stream.  We could maybe even
do that several times, a part one, two, and three, for instance.  That way
those who are interested could participate and ask questions.

I have some ideas, but this is your convention, and I would really appreciate
hearing from you.  We don't have much time to get this decided.

Please remember to get your hotel reservations in to the Holiday Inn by
Tuesday, August 22, 2017, to get our room rate of $93.00 plus tax.  The hotel
reservation phone numbers are 406-587-4561 or 877-859-5095, group code NFB.

Click here to place your hotel reservation online
<https://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=hi&localeCode=en&regio
nCode=1&hotelCode=BZNMT&_PMID=99801505&GPC=NFB&viewfullsite=true>

Looking forward to hearing from you off list at breslauerj at gmail.com.
Thanks.