[NFBMT] Resolutions? Awards?

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 21:27:37 UTC 2017

Anybody want to help write up a bunch of resolutions, a bunch of where-asses
and condemn and deplores?

I'm willing.

Let's form a committee and get on a conference call or many.

And also awards.

Let's come up with some categories, some worthy recipients.

There have already been some awards given out, not necessarily annually.

The distinguished Service Award, first presented in 2015

This year the National Federation of the Blind of Montana will inaugurate the
Distinguished Service Award. This award will be presented to an individual or
an entity who is not a member of our organization, but who has made a
substantial contribution to improve the quality of life for the blind of
Montana. This award will be given by the National Federation of the Blind of
Montana at our annual state convention, but only as often as circumstances
merit. This recognition represents the highest honor that can be given by our
affiliate. The recipient of this award will be an individual or entity that
we can regard as a true friend of the blind, supportive of our progressive
philosophy of blindness, instrumental in championing programs that will
benefit the blind community of Montana, and dedicated to initiatives that
will generate hope and promise for the blind of Montana in innumerable ways.

I have a possible recipient in mind for this one this year.

The Trail Blazer Award, first presented in 2016

The Trail Blazer Award is given to a member of the National Federation of the
Blind of Montana who has taken the road less traveled, who has raised the
expectations of society, or perhaps those of his or her own professional
colleagues or supervisors, regarding the abilities of a blind person, or has
endured prejudice or has overcome numerous obstacles in order to live the
life he or she wants to live. The recipient of this award may also be given
to a person who, member of the NFB of Montana or not, has cleared such a path
of obstacles or barriers, be they physical or attitudinal, or has leveled the
playing field for someone who is blind or has low vision. It is not
necessarily meant to be given annually, but only when a worthy recipient
presents him or herself.

Any other ideas?

Can we think up any other award names or recipients?

Does anybody have a description of the Keith Denton or Dorothy Bridgeman
awards, or the Emil Honka scholarship?

Let's form an a wards committee of those interested in doing so.