[NFBMT] Kenneth Jernigan Raffle Tickets Information and Explanation: Reposted

BRESLAUERS breslauerj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 21:41:41 UTC 2018

You know that Sixty Minutes theme song?  That clock ticking.  That means time
is slipping away, or at least advancing.

Time to think about whether you or your chapter can buy or sell some Jernigan
tickets.  You could win an all-expenses paid trip to the 2019 NFB National

convention, and if your chapter sells the winning ticket, they will receive
$500.00. So far, we have sold six out of thirty.

April 2018

RE: THE KENNETH JERNIGAN FUND RAFFLE 2018

As you are aware, we established the Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship
Fund at our 1998 convention in Dallas, Texas. The support from members and
friends has been both generous and enthusiastic. The committee is again
sponsoring a limited edition raffle to raise money

for the Kenneth Jernigan Fund. The ticket cost is ten dollars. This drawing
will yield at least $10,000 net for the Kenneth Jernigan Fund.

You might ask, "What's in it for me?" Here is what's in it for you. If you
are the winner of this drawing, you will receive round-trip air
transportation for two to and from the National Federation of the Blind
National Convention in July 2019. You will also receive lodging at that
year's convention hotel for seven days during the convention.  You will
receive registration and banquet tickets for two. In addition, you will
receive a cash prize of $1,000. On the other hand, if you don't win but you
sell the winning ticket, your chapter will

receive $500. You do not have to be present to win.

We are asking each state affiliate to either sell or buy its allotment of
tickets. If you choose to buy tickets for your affiliate, a suggested use is
to donate tickets to the door prize chairman to be

included with regular convention prize drawings.

We believe these tickets are being distributed early enough so that all sales
can be final by June 15. Please send money and stubs for tickets sold to:

Jernigan Fund Committee

c/o Susan Skaarer

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

Or have your state President bring them to Orlando.

After June 15, please bring ticket stubs, money, and any unsold tickets to
the national convention and turn them in at the Jernigan Fund table. Please
have checks made payable to the National Federation of the Blind and note KJ
Fund on the memo line.

Be sure to endorse the back of the ticket stubs with your chapter name so we
can send your chapter $500 should the ticket you sold be the winner. If you
choose to buy the tickets so you can donate them to the door prize committee,
please endorse each stub (leave the ticket attached) and return the whole
tickets with your check and instructions that the tickets are to be turned
over to the door prize committee.

We are counting on you to help build the Kenneth Jernigan Fund so we can
accomplish the goals Dr. Jernigan set forth for us. Remember, the drawing
winner need not be present at the banquet to win.

We look forward to seeing you in Orlando.

Sincerely,

Allen Harris, Chairman

Assisted by Joy Harris and Jay Cobb

Kenneth Jernigan Fund Committee

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and

friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind.

Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.