[NFBMT] Chromebook

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Wed May 16 20:13:29 UTC 2018

Joy,

I'm using Firefox version 60 with NVDA. Partly I do this for the
reasons Jom cited - cost. I am not going to spend any more of my
personal money on JAWS. I tried the really cheap version that came out
about four or five years ago, but it was also stripped of
functionality. Why pay anything?

I agree iwth Jim about Apple projects, but I've had an iPhone
grudgingly since 2011. When it comes time to replace it I balk and
study and come close to getting an Android phone, but just can't bring
myself to do it. I hate the Apple world and I don't even back up to
iCloud or store music there. I've never even activated my iCloud
account because I don't want to be part of it.  And yet, and yet ...
It's hard to let go of the accessibility of an iPhone for an Android,
even though I think the iPhone is less friendly to blind users than
even a few years ago.

Maybe I'm just like you Jim sticking to JAWS. Android is probably
maybe almost good enough .. just about. Not quite.

(grin)
Dan