[NFBMT] Amtrak ticket counter closures

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Mon May 28 01:07:11 UTC 2018

Hello:

     If memory serves, I have not purchased an Amtrak ticket since 2015. I
used the toll free number and talked to an agent. I would tell the agent I
was blind and had difficulty using the Amtrak site. The agents were very
cordial and gave me discounts when available. You can get an Amtrak ticket
emailed to you. You then print out the ticket and show it to the conductor.
The tickets are emailed in such a way that a barcode is printed by your
printer. I believe there may be a way to use an iPhone or Android phone to
show a ticket, but I haven't had occasion to do this. I understand that the
nearest Amtrak station is White Fish which is a long way from Missoula.

Regards,

Robert