[NFBMT] Message from Senator Steve Daines

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 04:22:56 UTC 2018

FYI, from Senator Steve Daines newsletter.  Joy

President Trump recently signed into law one of the most important campaign
finance reforms in recent history. Campaigns should be as transparent as
possible and this bill mandates that U.S. Senate candidates file their
campaign finance reports electronically so the information is easily
accessible to the American people. As the Chairman of the Legislative Branch
Subcommittee on Appropriations, I fought hard to include this provision.

Why It Matters:

Information in financial disclosure reports needs to be accurate and easily
accessible to the public. My new E-file provision requires candidates for the
U.S. Senate to electronically file directly with the Federal Election
Commission, instead of the current paper-based practice.

What's Next:

This law will take effect immediately. More information can be found on the
Federal Election Commission
<http://daines.enews.senate.gov/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&gpiv=21001
51664.264791.264&gen=1&mailing_linkid=22918> 's website.

Joy Breslauer, First Vice President