[NFBMT] an alert concerning a fraudulent mailing to Montana voters

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 04:23:43 UTC 2018

Apparently, there is a phony letter going around, so beware, and read this.

of this postal "voter registration for absentee ballot voting" in today's postal mail.  It looks to be legitimate UNTIL you read who's sponsoring it:  "Paid for by 'New American Jobs Fund."  MORE DARK MONEY trying to keep certain people from voting. Or to think that they registered to vote.

Please copy & paste this letter to your email friends & family members!

Hi –

Yes we are aware of this mailing.  Our phones lit up about it this morning.

The issue is that the wording on the mail states: “Based on State records, you are registered to vote in the State of Montana but not yet applied to vote by absentee ballot”.   That has been incorrect for multiple voters and confusing folks.  Most of our calls are coming from folks in Gallatin County and Silver Bow County.

I did talk to someone at CPP around noon to see if the group was registered with the state and they are not.  They are listed with the FEC.  I am attempting to reach out to the group to discuss the mailing.

Voters can check their registration and absentee status on the “My Voter Page” at https://app.mt.gov/voterinfo/ <https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fapp.mt.gov%2Fvoterinfo%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C844e9c4a770c44cdc82908d629a0ee28%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636742168492353447&sdata=QDSlTeSFlUzLbJGLdrcqHgsFaVWBEVESCaR%2BfvMp40Y%3D&reserved=0>

Regards,

Stuart Fuller  |  Elections & Voter Services Manager
Secretary of State's Office, Corey Stapleton
State Capitol Building, 1301 E. 6th Avenue
Helena, MT 59601
PHONE 406.444.4282