[NFBMT] I have a big problem

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 23:52:29 UTC 2018

Joy -

I want to acknowledge a couple of things in your e-mail. First, I can
tell you from my own experience how difficult it is to step away from
the Presidency of the NFB of Montana, having done so myself. And it
was difficult for me to do so just as we were getting started, free to
be a true NFB affiliate at long last.  But that's also part of living
the lives we want - our families, our spouses - these are part of why
we are active in the NFB I think, at least for me. I am obviously very
happy with the woman I love. And she understands what it meant for me
to step down and move to Colorado.

Next, I also need to acknowledge what you said - it can't be all up to
you. I had to come to terms with that too - that the NFB of Montana
would go on and grow without me, that there were others that would
step up.

And so next I want to acknowledge that you have done that - stepped
into the role as NFB of Montana President and kept it going and
growing. No, of course you didn't do it alone, but you took the
responsibility on of being President and you've accomplished much.
Need we mention Montana's first-ever BELL Academy in 2017? (grin)

Three cheers for you for all that you have done and accomplished as
President Joy! But also know tht if you step down now or in the
future, the NFB of Montana will go on, and you'll be helping.

 Montanans always step up.

Have a great convention this weekend. I wish I could be there this
year, but I'll be in Baltimore. I miss you Montana!

Dan