[NFBMT] ExpressVote: My Public Comment

denisejmoses at gmail.com denisejmoses at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 17:18:59 UTC 2019

Joy,

Does the Express Vote machine look different than a regular voting machine
for the public besides the tactile keypad & audio output?  Why can't they
design an accessible machine that has the same size ballots as everyone
else?  In Corvallis the machine is away from the other machines.  Is every
machine in the room going to be the Express vote machine?  If not then
people will know it is for people with disabilities.  I don't know how many
machines are at each polling place.  Every time we have gone to vote it is
very busy.  Whoever makes these machines do they consult anyone with a
disability or do they just make sure it is ADA compliant?  I'm sorry for so
many questions but this is what I thought about after hearing your
experience testing the machine in Helena.

We should probably talk about this at state convention & see who we need to
contact with our feedback & questions.

Denise