[NFBMT] Action Requested: Washington Seminar

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 18:11:55 UTC 2019

Expanding on President Marks' post.

The Access Technology Affordability Act (ATAA) will provide for a refundable
tax credit for the purchase of accessible technology, the cost of which is
out of reach of most individuals.

The Greater Accessibility and Independence through Nonvisual Access
Technology (GAIN) Act will help to develop minimum accessibility requirements
for medical devices used in the home or the hospital, exercise equipment, and
home appliances.  This is not something that would be nice to have, this is
something we need.

The Disability Employment Act (DEA) will spur innovation that will increase
and enhance modern employment opportunities for people with disabilities in
the twenty-first century.

For more information, see below.

Fact Sheet: Access Technology Affordability Act (HTML)
Fact Sheet: Greater Accessibility and Independence through Nonvisual Access
Technology Act (HTML)
Fact Sheet: Disability Employment Act (HTML)

If these links don't work, please go to www.nfb.org and click on Washington
Seminar and look for the fact sheets.

When you contact your legislators, keep in mind that they already have copies
of the fact sheets.  What they want to know is how these acts would affect
your life personally.

Joy Breslauer, Public Policies Committee chair