[NFBMT] NOTICE: Treasure State At Large chatper Thursday March 14 at 6 bells

rixmix2009 at gmail.com rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 18:09:39 UTC 2019

Greetings Montana Federationists!

And especially to you members of the Treasure State At Large chapter of the
NFB of Montana.

You hearty ones, who know how to handle a wee bit of winter weather!

Our regular chapter meeting is soon.

Thursday, March 14, at 6 p.m.

Perhaps we can round robin to hear from each region around Montana, to learn
how everyone has been fairing with the severe cold and snow accumulations.

Reminder.

The phone number and access codes to attend the meeting have CHANGED!

Here below is the information for the conference.

TOTALLY FREE CONFERENCE

CALL THIS NUMBER:

712-432-6301

ACCESS NUMBER FOLLOWED BY THE POUND SIGN:

654032#

Here are a few other Tips while in the conference:

BUTTONS on PHONE KEYPAD for ConferenceParticipants:

*    to start the reading of commands menu.

*1   MUTE SELF - mute yourself, and unmute yourself.

*4   DOWN VOLUME (turns volume down on phone within the conference)

* 6   UP VOLUME (to turn UP volume on your line)

* 7  DOWN MIC VOLUME (your Microphone)

* 8   EXIT COMMANDS LIST (to get out of hearing the list of commands)

* 9   UP MIC VOLUME (turns UP your micophone Volume)

# - EXIT / PREVIOUS (takes you out of conference, and switch to previous )

ITEM ONE:

Likely, as the Montana state legislature is under way, we will hear about
items our affiliate is working on. And perhaps you members will have things
you will wish to bring up.

An open discussion on things is always welcome.

ITEM TWO:

It being now the year 2019, this is the time of year to renew your NFB of
Montana membership dues.

You may do so by sending your annual 5 dollars individual annual dues to our
affiliate Treasurer, Ted Robbins. Here is the mailing address:

P.O. Box 1325

Great Falls, MT 59403

    Website:  www.nfbofmt.org

      Phone: (406) 438:1421

You may be aware, that currently the national organization is having a
membership campaign. And they are sending out these wonderful NFB medallions
to the members. So, if you need another incentive, this is certainly one.

I am told they are a very nice item to have, and the state will notify
national and send you out one.

Also, you may not know, but there is a LIFETIME membership option with our
affiliate. For a one-time payment, of 100 dollars you can be assured that
you are always a paid up in good standing member. And certainly this is
useful for our state's treasury.

I recently attended a chapter presidents conference with others around the
nation.

An effort is being made to strengthen our membership by grassroots
organizing. And part of that is of course at the chapter level.

All chapters are reporting their membership information.

Perhaps as a chapter, we could discuss whether we would like to have chapter
dues?

Let's discuss and decide this as a chapter. Part of this discussion should
be projects and plans for activities to utilize funds.

Our current treasury is $123. These fund were completely accrued from
donations. These are welcome also of course.

Contact me, to give you instructions, to send them to Linda Hurlock,
Treasure State At Large Chapter Treasurer.

I thank you in advance for your interest and your support.

I look forward to greeting you soon at another chapter meeting.

The Federation is yours, and the stronger we are the more good we can do.

Sincerely,

Your chapter president, Rik James of Bozeman

Read more how to reach me below.

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;

support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Contact:

Rik James

montanarikster at gmail.com

If you no longer wish to receive these messages about the meetings, do let
me know by replying to this message and request to be removed.

I will remove you from the list. No problem. No problem at all.