[NFBMT] LEGISLATIVE ALERT: SB 291 REVISE LAWS ON VOTING SYSTEMS AND BALLOT FORM

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 17:01:43 UTC 2019

>From what I understand, the AutoMark machines are eventually going to be
replaced by other newer technology that doesn't put out the same size ballot as
the paper ballots.  So somebody or somebodys will have to transcribe the
information printed out by the new technology onto paper ballots like the ones
used by everybody else, to preserve our privacy and secrecy.  Apparently they
do the same for military voters who vote overseas

Right now, Montana is using the AutoMARK, but as they age and are no longer
able to be repaired, this will change.

This is information from the Montana Secretary of State web site.

Voters with Disabilities

ELECTRONIC BALLOT REQUEST SYSTEM

Montana's Statewide Elections have various options for voters with disabilities
or voters who need special assistance, including the new Electronic Ballot
Request System (EBRS), available for state and federal elections beginning 30
days before election day and through noon the day before election day.

Every polling place in Montana has at least one specialized voting machine,
called an AutoMARK, that enables people with disabilities to vote independently
and privately.

If you cannot enter a polling place, election judges will assist you with
"curbside voting."

If you have a physical disability or are unable to read or write, you may ask
an election judge to help you mark your ballot. Or, you can bring any
individual (other than your employer or employer's agent or union agent) who,
with the permission of the election judge, can go into the voting booth with
you and
help you vote. You may also designate an agent to assist you with the voting
process on the
Designation of Agent by Individual with Disability
 form. Deliver the signed application to your
local election office.
You may apply for an electronic ballot that can be marked on your personal
computer, printed and returned by mail or in person to the election office.

The Voter Information Pamphlet published by the Secretary of State for each
state general election is available in Braille and audio formats.

Dar
Every Saint has a past,
Every sinner has a future, Sent from my iPad