[NFBMT] zoom

BRUCE&JOY breslauerj at gmail.com
Thu May 23 06:40:08 UTC 2019

With Zoom, you can do Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen
Sharing

I know we have talked about Zoom before.  I'm still curious about whether it
would work for us.

I know free is free, and free is a great price.  And Zoom is not free.  Well,
some of it is.

Basic Plan: Unlimited 1 to 1 meetings. 40 minutes limit on group meetings.
Host up to 100 participants.

Video Conferencing Features

Web Conferencing Features

Group Collaboration Features

Security

Pro Plan: $14.95 a month.  Meeting duration limit is 24 hours.  Host up to
100 participants.

All basic features plus

User Management

Admin Feature Controls

Reporting

Custom Meeting Personal I.D.

Assigned scheduler

1gb of mp4 or M4A cloud recording

Rest API

Skype for Business (LYNC) Interoperability

Optional add-on plans

The price goes up from there for business plans of different sizes.

Zoom rooms $49.00 per month per room.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Host and what is a Participant?

A Participant is an invitee in a meeting scheduled by someone with a Host
license. A Participant does not require a Zoom account in order to join a
meeting.  Participants can join a meeting from their phone, desktop, mobile
and tablet devices.

How many participants can join the meeting? How many people can use one host
license?

All plans allow up to 100 participants by default in every meeting (up to 500
with Large Meeting add-on). You can host an unlimited number of meetings, but
if you would like to have more than one meeting concurrently, you will need
additional host licenses.

Do you charge sales tax?

Certain U.S. states are subject to a required sales tax. If your online order
includes sales tax, you will see the tax amount applied in your shopping cart
before checkout is complete.

What is the difference between the Basic and Pro plans?

Zoom offers a full-featured Basic Plan for free with unlimited meetings. Try
Zoom for as long as you like - there is no trial period. Your Basic plan has
a 40 minutes time limit on meetings with three or more total participants.

Need your group meetings to last longer than 40 minutes? Sign up for a Pro
Account.

What payment methods do you accept?

Zoom accepts credit card and PayPal payments online. To pay by check, wire
transfer or ACH, please call

1.888.799.9666.

How does the subscription service work? Can I cancel my subscription?

Zoom is a subscription-based service, which means that your plan renews every
month or year (depending on the term you choose). You can cancel your
subscription at any time during your plan term to cancel the auto-renewal of
your subscription.

There probably are many features we wouldn't use, or that might seem
intimidating unless we were trained on them, like how to conduct a webinar,
which might actually be fun, but the audio might be worth it.  And the fact
that people could access the meeting from a phone, a smart phone, a tablet,
or a computer, without incurring cell phone charges.  It would be kind of
like Skype, I think.  I don't know much about Skype, either.  Just thinking
out loud.

Joy Breslauer, First Vice President

Joy Breslauer, First Vice President