[NFBMT] opening up our state

rixmix2009 at gmail.com rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 20:03:45 UTC 2020

The definition of insanity is changing every day.
And the things we hear and say, can make the people who used to be sane, so likely to be ready to swing and sway.
And Flying Blind, has never been so popular as it is today.

This is a very hard time. And no one wishes more than I that all of my friends, loved ones and colleagues in the Federation, and elsewhere, to be able to remain Healthy,  and to live long beyond this pandemic.

No one knows enough. No one will be safe. Not absolutely.
Not until there is a vaccine or a cure.
Who touched what, when and where, will and can get you stuck between that rock and  a hard place but sure. And quick as a wink, too. Or maybe not so quick. Maybe it won't even be fore a few days, or a week, or more. That is the awful truth. And it makes all of this opening talk so very insane, and premature.

I am listening carefully to Governor Bullock's gradual opening ideas and proclamations. Whatever they are, we are resolute in our home, to stay put. Fortunately, this has not yet been extremely hard. But it is stressful, no doubt.

Maybe when each of us has been touched personally, then we will each know enough to be more absolute in the self-restriction, to save oneself, and others, from the accidental exposure to this virus.   And if this just sounds like someone who is willing to go around being afraid, read on.

Just yesterday, we met someone who told us of his girlfriend, who is young and very fit and healthy, getting this disease. It has been 5 weeks now, and she is still not out of the woods. He said, that this ordeal, it has turned his head around in ways that he had yet to imagine.

She was thinking that she was over it, then to be in the ICU, then, still not feeling good. The bladder complications, that happened after she thought that she had recovered. He painted  a pretty scary and sobering picture for us. Her family members who then caught it, it really is quite ugly, he told us. And he said, believe me, this thing, is bad. You do not. Repeat, NOT. Not want to get this bug.

Here was another thing about this story. This case? The case of his girlfriend? She lives in Power, Montana. They have actually not reported ANY COVID19 cases so far in her county. I forget which county that is. I think it is up near Great Falls? Her requests for testing was unavailable, and then, the diagnoses inconclusive, until it was very clear by how sick she became.  No cases reported?  Why?  Unknown.  So how widespread is this? Even in Montana. We don't know. No one does. We fly blind.

But, those on the right who are now, loudly promoting the obviously premature reopening across the country. Of them, I am truly very much ashamed and angry at them.  And the big shadow money that is supporting this movement. All on the say so of the false prophet, the man who will not listen to science, only cares about his own money, and power. Of all the times not to have a federal government that can do what needs to be done, when even the best will be challenged, we have this very psychopathic fellow, only obsessed with personal ambition, lashing out at any criticism, destroying anything that he sees as personally threatening.

If any of that sounds partisan. I say, what party is that? Party has little do with anything from our history of a political party.

The haircuts, the many things like that, it all does come up. And I get it. I do. Every day, moment by moment. We have never experienced this type of change and need for restriction. Our friend telling us this story, he is a pretty well established ecologist and accomplished in many things. He advised that we read up on history. What did various business and political people do 100 years ago. They also urged premature activity to preserve the economy. It had devastating results.

Maybe you think some of these people might not want anything but to just open up a little bit. It is true. But I am not trusting them. Not yet.
We do need our local officials to act on all of our behalf, for safety and health. And we should support one another, in kindness, and compassion.  I will try, if you all do. And I know that you do, and shall continue.

Thanks for listening.

Rik James