[NFBMT] Voting Problems

president at nfbofmt.org president at nfbofmt.org
Wed Jun 10 14:42:53 UTC 2020

Montana changed its voting laws during the 2017 Legislature to allow people
with disabilities to vote using a computer as an alternative to absentee or
vote-by-mail elections.  So, the very first time computers came into play in
Montana elections was in 2017.  Before then, people with disabilities had
only two other options:  Voting with an accessible voting machine or with a
human reader/scribe.  The method adopted by Montana requires printing an
electronic ballot and either mailing it in or dropping it off at your
election office or polling place.

We first want the system that's in place to work as it should.  I do not
believe it does what it's supposed to do, and we need to change that.  I am
filing a complaint with the Secretary of State because I was denied the
method because it failed.

Second, we need to change Montana law so that the alternative voting method
does not require printing or mailing or dropping off the ballot.

Jim Marks
President
president at nfbofmt.org
(406) 438-1421
www.nfbofmt.org

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.