[NFBMT] URGENT NOTICE - NFB of Montana: The Treasure State At-Large Chapter Meeting Phone Conference is TONIGHT at 6 o'clock

rixmix2009 at gmail.com rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 20:02:30 UTC 2020

Greetings fellow Federationists!

If this is a pleasant sound in your ears, well, GOOD!

I hope it is for a long time to come.

This email is your NOTICE of the NEXT telephone conference call for the
At-Large Treasure State chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
Montana.

It had been changed, from last week to tonight.

The time and date of the next meeting is this.

Thursday, June 18, 2020

6:00 pm

I hope that all of you can call in. So that each of us can catch up,
participate, and join in on the conversation topics.  Be sure and bring a
topic with you. It might just be the thing that everyone else has been
hoping to talk about.

Ongoing recent topics will continue, I expect.

The VR situation in Montana.

The need to get the funding restored for Montana of NFB-Newsline.

The situation for voting access in Montana. With a huge electoin coming up,
I hope everyone has registered and has been examining the issues, and the
candidates.

One topic I can think of?

How about who is all planning on attending the Federation's first ever
completly virtual national convention?  Andn what you have planned.
Hopefully you all got registered before the deadline earlier this week.  I
think I will wear my shark's tooth tie all throughout the convention. Maybe
bring my baseball glove, just in case, there is a few high fly balls for me
to shag.

So I encourage you all to come on aboard.

Tonight at 6 pm.

Take your seat, on the stagecoach.

The call-in information is below.

Your chapter Secretary is Joy Breslauer.

You should have just recently received the minutes for last month's meeting.

Thank you, Joy!

Thanks.

Rik James

President, Treasure State At-Large Chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of Montana

Bozeman, Montana

Contact me by phone at either

406 451 1874  or

406 586 4123

d28rik at msn.com

TO JOIN THE TOTALLY FREE CONFERENCE CALL

USE THIS NUMBER:

712-432-6301

ACCESS NUMBER FOLLOWED BY THE POUND SIGN:

654032#

Here are a few other Tips while in the conference:

BUTTONS on PHONE KEYPAD for Conference Participants:

*    to start the reading of commands menu.

*1   MUTE SELF - mute yourself, and unmute yourself.

*4   DOWN VOLUME (turns volume down on phone within the conference)

* 6   UP VOLUME (to turn UP volume on your line)

* 7  DOWN MIC VOLUME (your Microphone)

* 8   EXIT COMMANDS LIST (to get out of hearing the list of commands)

* 9   UP MIC VOLUME (turns UP your micophone Volume)

# - EXIT / PREVIOUS (takes you out of conference, and switch to previous )

Tips & Suggestions.

You may have some to submit yourself.

But when participating, be aware that other sounds in your environment may
come across as a noise that is distracting to others on the call. Where you
have the phone, if say your are clikcing on a keyboard, and so on, could be
heard on the call.

Some will must their phone, using Star One, but your participation is
valuable to us, so be at the ready to unmute yourself with a Star One again,
so we can get to hear you.

Some have successfuly programmed their smart phones to put this confernce
number and the access code with the needed four commas between, to have the
whole thing already in your phone. I confess, I am completly habituated to
this method. When I try to get those numbers all in, I find it is worth
getting it on to my contacts. To do this on a regular phone is also
possible, too.

NOTE: If you are receiving this notice, and no longer wish to get it, please
Reply to me, and let me know. It's no problem at all. Likewise, if you know
of someone whom might like to join us, please have them contact me, too.
At-Large can cover a lot of ground. And we welcome new members alays.