[NFBMT] Great Job!

president at nfbofmt.org president at nfbofmt.org
Wed Mar 24 21:37:20 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I just wanted to share with everyone what a great job Joy Breslauer did for
us during the public hearing this morning for HB 643, the bill that permits
voters who are blind to vote absentee or in mail-only elections  in a way
that is completely accessible and private.  This is the bill that permits
blind and other people with disabilities to vote electronically without
having to print and snail mail ballots.  If adopted, we will have a
non-visual way to vote, which finally gives us what other voters take for
granted.  Immediately following the public hearing, the House Committee
passed the bill.  It's now on to the House floor.  Joy's testimony
contributed to the good will behind our right to vote entirely on our own.
Joy also earlier met with representatives from the Secretary of State to
advocate for this bill.  Looks like everyone is very much on board.  Thank
you, Joy, for your leadership.  We, the NFB of Montana, appreciate you very
much!

BTW, we also appreciate the contributions of others, and I plan to point out
this kind of stuff more often.  We rock, folks!

Jim Marks
President
president at nfbofmt.org
(406) 438-1421
www.nfbofmt.org

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.