[NFBMV] {Disarmed} Latest news about the Blindfold Games

Blindfold Games martyschultz at kidfriendlysoftware.com
Tue Nov 22 15:06:23 UTC 2016

Blindfold Games: Braille #3 ( http://sable.madmimi.com/c/12318?id=533096.24318.1.fd1607e293d1a10bcd87deb8b06bd557 )
Marty Schultz, 21 Nov 04:32 PM

==========

We looked at several ways to make Braille Spin and Solve easier for people just learning braille.  For example, we thought we could vary game difficulty by varying the number of contractions in a word.

Some words, like CANDY, have only one contraction, but other words, like ABBREVIATIONS, has two contractions in its contracted form.  It is quite difficult to write programming code to determine the number of contractions in the contracted form, since it’s not always clear which dot patterns belong to each contraction.

Speaking again with the braille teachers, we decided to break out the complexity of the game based on the following:

- One full word contraction, such as “AF” for “AFTER”.

- Only one of the words in the phrase being contracted and it contains only one contraction, such as CANDY in the phrase CANDY IS DANDY, BUT LIQUOR IS QUICKER.

- Only one of the words in the phrase is contracted, but that word can contain multiple contractions, such as the word I’M BAFFLED, but on...

Read More ( http://sable.madmimi.com/c/12318?id=533096.24319.1.06acab130be9b9d94e34aff6e441c50b )

Web Version
http://sable.madmimi.com/c/12318?id=533096.24322-54.1.e2ce69ee5b7d5de0171161822703d5a4&p=eyIlN0IlN0JtaW1pLXNpZ25hdHVyZSU3RCU3RCI6IjEzNTUzNTQyNy05NDUzNjM2ODM2LTdkMmJjODcxNmJiNWM0ZGU5MjkxODI4Mzc5YjUzNTNkMDdkYjY5NGYiLCIlN0IlN0JlbWFpbElkJTdEJTdEIjoiNTMzMDk2In0=

Unsubscribe
https://go.madmimi.com/opt_out?fe=1&pact=533096-135535427-9453636836-7d2bc8716bb5c4de9291828379b5353d07db694f&amx=9453636836

Blindfold Games | Miami Beach