[Nfbn-announce] Art Expression Is A State of Mind!

Amy Buresh amy.buresh74 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 17:27:28 UTC 2011

“Art Expression is a State of Mind”: A session for blind and sighted
participants of all ages of the NFB Nebraska Convention on October 14, 2011
@ 9am.

Art is being creative in many ways from cooking to home arts, to
woodworking, to the classic arts of painting, etc.  This session will
discuss and explore some of the possibilities of creative thinking when
using or creating with beading, wire sculpture, clay, plaster or papier
maché sculpture, painting, braille art, puff paint, collages of “found”
objects, using recycled materials, drawing, etc.

Led by Barbara Loos and Susan Ledder, we will discuss the art forms that we
participate in and then start asking what the audience would like to use to
express art. We will pass around examples of works and then describe the
process and ask how else it could be done.

Make plans to join us!