[Nfbn-announce] The NFB and Social Networking Tools

Amy Buresh amy.buresh74 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 01:59:32 UTC 2011

Dear Fellow Federationists:

We thought we would remind you that in addition to checking our Web site
<http://www.nfb.org/>  and reading our flagship publication, the
<http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Braille_Monitor.asp> Braille Monitor, you can keep
up with what is happening in the National Federation of the Blind by e-mail
and through social networking tools-including a brand new Twitter account,
http://www.twitter.com/AskNFB .

If you want to receive a copy of each press release that is issued from our
national office, you can do so by subscribing to have each new press release
e-mailed to you as soon as it is posted.  Just provide your e-mail address
at the press
<http://www.nfb.org/Forms.asp?MODE=NEW&SnID=917207551&Forms_FormTypeID=-176>
release subscription form.

You can also follow us on Twitter by subscribing to our feed at
http://www.twitter.com/NFB_voice.   We also have additional Twitter
accounts, including NFBScience <http://twitter.com/#!/NFBScience> ,
BrailleLiteracy <http://twitter.com/#!/BrailleLiteracy> , and NFB-NEWSLINE
<http://twitter.com/#!/NFB_NEWSLINE> .  Finally, we've started a new Twitter
account, AskNFB <http://twitter.com/#!/AskNFB> , with which you can post
questions that you need answered by NFB leaders and staff.  Please follow
this account and then post your question by mentioning @AskNFB or by sending
us a direct message.

Please note: you'll need a Twitter account to take advantage of our Twitter
feeds if you don't already have one. It's easy to sign up, and it's free.

Finally, you can also become a fan of the
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Federation-of-the-Blind/54344454247
>  National Federation of the Blind on Facebook.  You can also become a fan
of the NFB
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blind-Driver-Challenge/108549352515974>
Blind Driver ChallengeR on
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blind-Driver-Challenge/108549352515974>
Facebook.

We hope you will utilize one or more of these methods so that you can
interact with us and stay up to date with national developments in our
movement.  Also, check for your affiliate and local chapter on social
networks as well, or get in touch with your chapter and affiliate leaders to
find out how you can keep up-to-date on events in your community.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen

Director of Public Relations

National Federation of the Blind