[Nfbn-announce] NFBN's Bus to Dallas!

Amy Buresh amy.buresh74 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 03:21:25 UTC 2012

We are once again announcing the availability of a bus to National
Convention this year. The deadline for making your reservations for the bus
is May 15th, 2012.

The bus will be leaving on Friday,  June 29th, 2012, from Omaha, stopping in
Lincoln, and York. Once again, the arrangements for the bus are being
handled by our friends at Fontenelle Tours.

Please make sure that you have either made your own reservations, or that
your NCBVI Counselor  has assisted you with making reservations at  the
Hilton Anatole , the location of our convention. These rooms will be at the
low convention rates, and they will be filling up quickly, So if you have
not already made your reservations with the hotel, please be making these
arrangements as soon as possible.

The round trip price per person is $200.00.  for each passenger, which
includes the cost of our traditional farewell dinner, at Chances Are, in
York on Friday, July  6th.  Please be aware that the deadline to make your
reservations for the bus to Dallas is May 15th.

We are able to offer you this low price of $200.00 for each person round
trip, because, our affiliate has arranged to subsidize the cost of the bus.
However, in order for this to work, we need to have at least 35 people
commit to taking the bus by the deadline,  To make certain that people will
have time to make other arrangements, should the bus need to be cancelled.

There is also an additional benefit to be considered. The charter bus will
be available the entire time we are in Dallas and can be used for
excursions, sight seeing or what ever else may be needed.  This service is
also included in the cost mentioned above. An additional activity that may
be purchased as an option, is An evening meal and outing at the Medieval
Times, so be sure to ask about this option when you make your reservations
for the bus. Fontenelle Tours can provide you with information regarding the
cost for the excursion to the Medieval Times, which includes both dinner and
the evening's entertainment. Other evening activities may be available, so
be sure to ask Ward about these opportunities.

On June 29th, The bus will be leaving at 6:30 am, Departing the College of
St. Mary Campus, 72nd and Mercy Road, Omaha, Nebraska.  The bus will then be
departing Lincoln at 7:15 am, from the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and
Visually Impaired , located at 4600 Valley Road. Then at 8:30 am the bus
will Depart York, Nebraska, from the Super 8 Motel. There will be a change
of drivers in York, which should not delay  our departure for Texas. With a
lunch and supper break, as well as a few short stops along the way, the bus
should Arrive at the Anatole Hotel, in Dallas, at approximately 10:00 pm

The return trip will begin with loading at 6:00 am, and departing at
approximately 6:30 am, on Friday July 6th,. It is critical that the bus
depart on time, since we will need to arrive on time in York for our dinner
reservations. The bus will be returning to the same locations in York,
Lincoln, and Omaha, from which it originally departed on June 29th.

 This is a great deal, and a major savings as compared with flying, so
please get your reservations in right away. Remember, the deadline is May
15th, and we would truly appreciate as many people signing up early, to
insure that we will have enough passengers to allow the bus to roll. Making
your reservations is a simple as calling:

Fontenelle Tours
4624 Navajo Street - Suite 15
Council Bluffs, IA 51501-8383

(712) 366-9596

Please remember, all reservations for the bus must be made through
Fontenelle travel, and their representative should be able to assist you
with any  questions you may have. They do not accept credit cards, so your
payment will need to be by check, money order, or state of Nebraska Payment
Order Authorization. There is no longer a toll free number available.

For those departing from Omaha, at approximately 6:30 am, the pick up point
will be, the College of St. Mary.

The college campus is located at the corner of 72nd street and Mercy Road in
Omaha.  We depart from the south east corner down by the soccer field.

Off of 72nd street, turn east on Mercy Road,

In about one block on your left (North) will be the entrance marked by a
large sign.

The entrance road ends in a large circle, go right (east) off of the circle.

Go through the first parking lot to the east most lot down by the athletic
field fence.  That is where we can leave cars and load the bus.

The bus will depart Lincoln at 7:15 am, Friday, June 29th, 2012, from the
parking lot located in front of the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and
Visually Impaired office, located at 4600 Valley Road, Suite 100. Should you
need directions to this location, please contact Jeff Altman in the evenings
at (402) 489-9458, or call the Commission in Lincoln, during regular
business hours, at (402) 471-2891.

the bus will Depart York, Nebraska, at approximately 8:30 am. The bus will
pick up passengers at the Super 8 Motel, located at 4112 South Lincoln
Avenue, 80-US 81. The bus will arrive back in Nebraska on Friday, July 6th.
We will first stop at Chances Are for dinner, and then drop off passengers
at the Super 8 Motel. Anyone wishing to be dropped off at Chances Are,
should let our tour Director, Ward Kinney know, when loading your bags, so
that they can be located quickly at the restaurant.

Those individuals riding the bus, will need to make their own arrangements
to meet the bus in Omaha, Lincoln, or York. If you are a client of NCBVI,
please talk with your counselor to see if assistance with transportation to
the pick up points, or any additional over night lodging,  is possible,
should your financial situation be of concern.

Those traveling from the western part of the state will likely need to plan
on staying in a hotel in York for one or two additional nights. For those of
you meeting the bus in York, that will be needing to stay over night,
Fontenelle Tours has arranged for excellent room rates of $62.50 per night
at the Super 8 Motel, including tax, just be sure to mention that you are
with the NFB when you make your reservations. The motels in York tend to
fill up early, so it is in your best interest to make your reservations well
before leaving for your trip. In addition, the Super 8 is open to having
vans and cars parked in their lot until we return. please call the Super 8
Hotel at 402-362-3388, and when you are making the reservations for the room
tell the person assisting you, that the room should be available under the
rate for the NFB. Please contact Ward Kinney for additional information on
the arrangements for the hotel in York, and he can also set up the
reservations for you, if you wish. You may want to have reservations in
place for both the night before we depart for Dallas, and for the night we
return, unless you plan to depart directly from York that evening.

We are looking forward to a wonderful trip, and another great convention.
Please join us, and make your reservations as soon as possible.