[Nfbn-announce] 2013 Nebraska Association of Blind Students Convention Activities!

Amy Buresh amy.buresh74 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 01:13:04 UTC 2013

Did you know that inside every person there is a talented diva or rock star
just bursting to emerge? No? Well, now you do. It's statistically proven and
everything.

Let out your inner singing sensation at this year's seventh annual NABS
Idol! Come join us after Saturday's banquet to perform a number or two,
cheer on your friends, and support the student division! New this year is
our first-ever duets competition! So if you're too shy to perform yourself,
you can enlist the help of a friend.

As always, the price is $5 per performer per song. Please contact Kayde
Rieken (kayde.dawn at gmail.com) with the name of the song you'd like to
perform and whether or not you need an accompanying track.

There is music in your soul; set it free!

We all know college can be stressful, and it isn't always just the
academics. We also have to figure out how to travel around campus, handle
the cafeteria, and explore all those new social opportunities. Have you ever
wondered how other blind students handle these pressures? Maybe you want the
chance to ask questions of fellow blind students and mentors, look at useful
technology, and network for your future? If so, come to our NABS
get-together Friday morning at this year's state convention! Join us
to gain valuable
knowledge for the years ahead, and also share some of your own!
If there are specific topics you have questions about, or there's a topic
you would love to talk about, feel free to contact Karen Anderson at
kea.anderson at gmail.com. We look forward to seeing you at the National
Federation of the blind of Nebraska state convention!