[Nfbn-announce] Reminder: Please Make Your Convention Plans Soon

Tony Olivero anthony at olivero.us
Wed Sep 17 12:45:13 UTC 2014

All:

This is a reminder to make your plans now for our upcoming convention;
deadlines are fast approaching. Please note the hotel is now holding
our block of rooms until September 25. Please call the hotel at
402-399-9000 and tell them you are with the National Federation of the
Blind of Nebraska to get our discounted rate.

--------------------

The time for our 2014 convention is drawing near. Hotel reservations
need to be made by September 25th and preregistration ends on October
3. The National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska needs you! We need
you at our convention; we need you active in our affiliate. Join us,
live the life you want!

Please read the below information and make your plans to attend soon.
If you have any questions, contact Amy Buresh, president, National
Federation of the Blind of Nebraska.

LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT!

 Announcing:

 The 43rd Annual Convention of the
National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

When: October 9 – 12, 2014
Where: Omaha Marriott
 10220 Regency Circle
 Omaha, NE   68114

 Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your
 future lies.- Ann Landers

 I urge you to look ahead and make plans now to join us for the 43rd
 annual state convention of the National Federation of the Blind of
 Nebraska. Come and be a part of the fun and fellowship, stay for the
 education and empowerment. You won't want to miss the most influential
 gathering of Nebraska's blind this year!

  “Together with love, hope, and determination we will transform dreams
 into reality." – Mark Riccobono

 We are honored to have Mr. Mark Riccobono, newly elected president of
 the National Federation of the Blind as our national representative.

 Come and meet him…Share your dreams for our future.

 Bring your friends and family to Thursday evening’s Omaha Spotlight
 Social.  There you can mix and mingle, have some appetizers and drinks
 and rub elbows with fellow Federationists and President Riccobono
 himself!

 With something for everyone, Friday’s highlights include seminars on
 transportation in Nebraska, the Unified English Braille Code (UEBC),
 staying fit for life, diabetic concerns and so much more.  Continuing
 throughout the weekend, we have special events for blind youth,
 parents and teachers of blind children and blind seniors.

 NOTE: Exhibitors will be demonstrating their products on Friday. Look
 for information about      our vendor times and location

 Register by October 3rd and save yourself a little cash.

 Reservations: Phone by September 25, (402-399-9000) Mention NFBN for
 reduced rate of $89.00 per night + 14.3% tax.

 Prices listed below will increase by $5.00 per item after October 3rd.

 Advance Registration Prices per Person

 Convention Registration: $20
 Banquet: $45
 Senior Division Luncheon: $20
 Student Division Luncheon: $20

 To register and make a secure on-line payment, visit:
www.ne.nfb.org/convention_reg

 If you prefer to pay by check or money order with a paper
 registration, print out the form from our website:
http://www.ne.nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2&qid=417

 Or contact Cheryl Livingston, NFBN Treasurer, at (402)488-2509.

 We have a packed agenda full of innovation, empowerment, tech savvy
 and more for the blind of all ages and their families, teachers and
 professionals. Make plans now to join us in Omaha!

 If you have questions, please contact president Amy Buresh at
president at ne.nfb.org.