[Nfbn-announce] Living the Life We Want: Raising a Family as A Blind Parent

Amy Buresh amy.buresh74 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 08:34:42 UTC 2014

Parenting is one of the most hard-working jobs out there, but it's
equally one of the most rewarding. Many people hope to bring home a
bundle of joy one day, awaiting a little blessing. Blindness shouldn't
be a reason keeping you from chasing the same dream of raising a
family.

During the 2014 NFBN convention, the Blind Parent group will hold a
meeting for those interested in starting a family, those already with
children or those just curious about parenthood. Meet blind people who
have raised children or those of us still right in the mix of it. This
meeting is an opportunity to learn how other blind parents have dealt
with the challenges of blind parenting. We will have time to socialize
as well as discuss topics of interest to blind parents. We will also
discuss the Nebraska branch of the Blind Parent group, and where we
want the group to go.

Please join us Friday afternoon and learn how you can take the journey
of blind parenting. Blindness doesn't need to hold us back from
anything, and this includes starting and raising a family.