[Nfbn-announce] Announcement: 2016 NFB of Nebraska State Convention

NFB of Nebraska Info info at ne.nfb.org
Sat Sep 10 01:19:52 UTC 2016

LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT!

Announcing

The 45th Annual Convention of the
National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

October 7-9, 2016

Ramada Columbus and River's Edge Convention Center
265 33rd Avenue Columbus, NE 68601

“The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try
and the belief that it is actually possible.” – Joel Brown

Join us for the 45th annual state convention of the National Federation of
the Blind of Nebraska. Come see how, with love, hope and determination, we
can turn your dreams in to reality. Come be a part of the fun and
fellowship, stay for the education and empowerment. You won't want to miss
the most influential gathering of Nebraska's blind this year!

We are pleased to welcome Mr. Adelmo Vigil, President of the National
Federation of the Blind of New Mexico and newly elected member of the
national board of directors as our national representative.

Friday agenda begins with registration at 9:30 AM with general session to
begin at 11:00 AM. Be sure to register for the Friday Lunch, as it will be
a group meal, served as part of our general session. Exhibits and breakout
sessions will be held Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Highlights
include seminars on navigating the muddy waters of SSI/SSDI and their
subsequent medical coverage, 1Touch™ Self-Defense, non-24-hour sleep
disorder, and so much more. Stop by and visit our exhibit area from 3:00 to
8:00. Venders from various companies with products of interest to the
blind, as well as NFBN chapters and divisions will be demonstrating their
wears and selling goodies. Later on, show off your mental agility and win
prizes at trivia night. Continuing throughout the weekend, we have special
events for blind parents, blind youth, parents and teachers of blind
children and blind seniors. Saturday morning kicks off with a breakfast
meeting of the board of directors of NFBN followed by more breakout
sessions, division meetings, an afternoon general session culminating in
our Saturday banquet. Sunday morning features interactive activities and
information. For more information, please visit:
www.ne.nfb.org/2016

HOTEL RESERVATIONS

Phone (402) 564-1492
Mention NFBN for reduced rate of $92.00 per night + 14.3% tax.

The Ramada Columbus, formerly New World Inn and Conference Center has
recently undergone a major renovation. This beautiful facility offers a hot
complimentary breakfast buffet, and Bistro on the Loup for lunch or dinner
and the Whiskey Sands Bar and Grill (open Friday and Saturday from
9pm-1am.). Discovery Island Pool is open from 10am-10pm. and a 24-hour
Fitness Center is also available.

CONVENTION PRE-REGISTRATION

Register by September 30th and save yourself a little cash.
Prices listed below will increase by $5.00 per item after September 30th.

Advance Registration Prices per Person
Convention Registration: $20
Banquet: $45
Friday General Session Fun Luncheon: $20.

REGISTRATION

Register and make a secure on-line payment by visiting:
http://ne.nfb.org/2016-reg

If you prefer to pay by check or money order with a paper registration,
print out the form from our website or contact Cheryl Livingston, NFBN
Treasurer, at (402)488-2509.

TRANSPORTATION

The National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska has again arranged for a
bus to this year’s State Convention in Columbus, Nebraska. The bus will
depart Omaha on Friday, October 7, 2016, at 6:00 am. The first pick-up
point will be in Omaha, at the college of St. Mary, and the second one will
be in Lincoln, at approximately 6:55 am, at the Commission for the Blind
offices. There will be a third stop in York, which will be at approximately
8:15 am, at the Super 8 Motel. The bus will arrive in Columbus at
approximately9:20 am. The trip, including the passenger pick up points in
Lincoln and York, should be approximately three and a half hours. Following
the convention, the bus will depart at approximately 1:00 pm, following the
conclusion of the Sunday morning session on October 9, 2016. The bus should
arrive in Omaha by late afternoon.

The price for the round trip will be $75.00 per person. In keeping with the
policy of previous years, any reservations cancelled before September 30,
2016, are fully refundable: however, there will be a $30.00 fee for any
reservations cancelled after this date. The bus is being arranged by your
state affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska, and
the excellent rates for travel are made possible through the generosity of
Fontenelle Tours and Arrow Stage Motor Coach Lines.

Reservations can be made when registering for the convention online at:
www.ne.nfb.org/2016-reg

If you are not able for any reason to reserve your seat on the bus using
the online link, or if you need additional information regarding the
locations of boarding sites, please contact Jeff Altman directly at
jaltman at neb.rr.com, or by calling (402) 489-9458 to make other arrangements.

Please remember that seating is limited, and therefore, to insure yourself
a seat, please make your reservations early. Some seats may still be
available after the deadline, due to cancellations, so you are certainly
encouraged to check if you are running late in making your reservations,
but remember that the bus tends to fill up very quickly.

We have a packed agenda full of innovation, empowerment, tech savvy and
more for the blind of all ages and their families, teachers and
professionals. Make plans now to join us in Columbus!

If you have questions, please contact:

President Amy Buresh
president at ne.nfb.org
(402)477-7711
--
National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska
Phone: 402-477-7711
Email: info at ne.nfb.org
Web: http://www.ne.nfb.org
Facebook: https://facebook.com/nebraskasblind