[Nfbnet-members-list] Blind and low vision adults age 50 plus needed for study: analyzing user experiences in mobile health applications

Sherry Shirek sshirek at nfb.org
Fri Aug 25 18:09:25 UTC 2023

Greetings,
The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Begin forwarded message:
Hello.

My name is Soyoung Choi, and I am Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the Director of the Accessible Healthcare Lab. The Accessible Healthcare Lab is dedicated to enhancing the accessibility and usability of mobile health technologies for everyone. We particularly want to understand the experiences of blind and low-vision adults aged older than 50 when they use smartphone apps to manage health behaviors (e.g., exercise, sleep, diet) or to track health metrics (e.g., blood pressure, blood glucose levels, heart rate).

If you have advanced expertise in accessibility, or if you're an individual with blindness or low vision who uses a screen reader, we invite you to participate in our research. Your insights are crucial as we strive to develop a more accessible mobile health ecosystem. Please see below participant eligibility criteria:

1) Age: 50 years and above.
2) Diagnosis: Must have low vision or blindness, as confirmed by a physician.
3) Assistive technology: Must be able to use a screen reader.
4) Mobile health: Regularly uses smartphone apps to track health data.
5) Residence: Must be residing in the United States.
*If you possess expertise in testing the accessibility of mobile health apps and are not visually impaired, please reach out to soyoung at illinois.edu<mailto:soyoung at illinois.edu>.

To express interest in our study, please send an email to soyoung at illinois.edu<mailto:soyoung at illinois.edu>. Once we confirm your eligibility, we will schedule a Zoom interview at a time convenient for you. These interviews will last approximately 60-80 minutes. As a token of our appreciation, participants will receive a $40 Amazon e-Code upon completion of the interview.

Thank you.

Disclaimer