[NFBNJ] NFBNJ: Please Spread the Word Registration Now Open for Taste of Technology 10/29/16

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 6 01:28:59 UTC 2016

Greetings to all!
Please read and share the following message forwarded by Kathy Gabry.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Subject: Please Spread the Word: Registration Now Open for Taste of Technology 10/29/16

The DeafBlind Community Access Network of New Jersey and Sprint NJ Relay are pleased to announce that registration is now open for our Taste of Technology Seminar, Saturday, October 29, 2016, at Montclair State University.

This day-long event is open to anyone who is DeafBlind from anywhere along the East Coast. For those in New Jersey who are SSPNJ consumers: This is an SSPNJ Community Event.

The flyer is attached as a pdf; a text version and a jpeg are included below my name. Any questions: Please feel free to contact me.

Thanks for helping us to spread the word!!

Kathy

(Flyer begins)

2016 Fall Taste of Technology for DeafBlind

Connecting to the World

Using DeafBlind Technology to Make It Happen

Sponsored by Sprint NJ Relay and

DeafBlind Community Access Network of New Jersey

Saturday, October 29, 2016

10 AM to 3 PM

The Conference Center

Montclair State University

1 Normal Avenue

Montclair, NJ 07043

Keynote Speaker

>From Helen Keller National Center (HKNC)

(PHOTO of Bapin)

Anindya “Bapin” Bhattacharyya

Expert on DeafBlind Technology

Workshops

• Useful Apps at Home or On the Go

• Advocating for Facebook Accessibility for

the Blind

• Keeping Your Data Secure on Your Phone,

Tablet and Computer

• Telecommunication Access for DeafBlind

Vendor displays and hands-on

demonstrations all day

FREE admission

Lunch, ASL interpreters and CART

(captioning) will be provided

This will be an SSPNJ Community Event

CBVI clients who use SSPNJ services will be

able to use SSPs for the day without using

their monthly allotment of SSP hours

Online Registration: www.njrelay.com/tot

DEADLINE: October 1, 2016

(HKNC logo, NJ Relay logo, DBCANNJ logo)

(End of flyer)

(JPEG of flyer begins)

(JPEG of flyer ends)

--

Katherine Gabry
201.978.5827 V/T

"Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much." ~ Helen Keller