[NFBNJ] {Spam?} NFBNJ: Fwd: Access to Cultural Events Survey

nfbnj.secretary at aol.com nfbnj.secretary at aol.com
Tue Oct 25 17:51:20 UTC 2016

>From the desk of NFBNJ President Joe Ruffalo
Received from Pamela Gaston, NJ Commission for the Blind & Visually Impaired

October, 2016
Dear Friend:

The Cultural Access Network Project, a program of New Jersey Theatre Alliance and New Jersey State Council on the Arts, is a group of dedicated professionals in New Jersey who represent major cultural institutions and organizations that serve people with disabilities.   For 25 years, these individuals have been working diligently to assure that the arts in New Jersey are accessible to all.

The Commission is proud to partner with a wide range of county and state organizations in a very exciting project, Building Cultural Participation, that will enhance access to the arts for people with disabilities in New Jersey.

The Cultural Access Network is conducting an audience survey to uncover the real barriers that prevent people with disabilities from becoming full participants in cultural events. Based on our findings, we will work with New Jersey’s cultural organizations to help increase and enhance the cultural experiences for people with disabilities.

We would be grateful if you would take 7-12 minutes to complete an online survey no later than Friday, November 18, 2016 .  You can go to the survey by clicking the following link:

https://goo.gl/PQ2JMP

By completing this survey, you will have a chance to win a pair of free tickets to a theatre, music or dance performance in the state.    The survey will also ask if you are interested in participating in a focus group discussion.  Focus groups will take place throughout the state and participants will received $25 for their time.

Should you have any questions or need further information please feel free to contact:

Robert Carr  at 973-731-6582, ext. 15. (voice)

Your involvement of this very important project will help our state’s arts community to remove barriers and ensure that all individuals can participate in the joy of the arts in our state.

Thank you in advance for your interest.

Sincerely,

Pamela L. Gaston

NJ Commission for the Blind & Visually Impaired

Member – Cultural Access Network

Forwarded by:

Alice Eaddy
Secretary, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey
(856)765-0601
nfbnj.secretary at aol.com
You can't base your life on other people's expectations
Stevie Wonder