[NFBNJ] State Convention Important Items Of Interest

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 7 22:47:33 UTC 2017

Greetings to all!
I have provided several items of interest for those attending the 41st state
convention,Live The Life You Want; Let's Make It Happen!
We were planning on streaming the convention however, this will not happen
due to some problems that we could not rectify prior to the convention.
We will be providing live Face Book postings and the information is provided
below.
We will be providing videos of the convention and many will be posted on the
state convention shortly after we come home, relax for an hour or two and
should have ready to post in several days.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

We will be posting Convention videos and updates to our Facebook page,
NFBNJ, or use link https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238/. Click the
like button, then scroll down the page to see the latest postings.
Food Pantry Donations: Please drop off your food pantry donation items at
the Registration area.

We are planning to provide auction items throughout the convention weekend.
A huge thanks for all that gathered door prizes and auction items.

Breakfast Coupons: NFB attendees will receive free breakfast coupons upon
check in.  Those staying at the hotel Wednesday night will receive a coupon
for Thursday breakfast in the hotel restaurant.  Breakfasts will be served
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings in the one of the hotel ballrooms.
Register for the Convention in order to receive free breakfast and our
special hotel rate.

Banquet Ticket Exchange: To ensure a smooth seating process, we have
initiated  Banquet Ticket Exchange.  After you purchase your banquet ticket,
bring it to the ticket exchange, where you will trade it in for a ticket
with a table number.  If you would like to sit with friends, gather tickets
and exchange them together.  Ten people can be seated at each table.
Exchange will be open Friday, 8 – 8:30 pm, and Saturday, 12 – 12:30 pm and
5 – 5:15 pm.  If you do not exchange your ticket, you will be seated where
there is space available.

Friday evening activities, please review the agenda for details.
Please purchase snack packs for $5, no limit.
Please purchase for $5 and 3 for $10 a month and date and if your month and
date is picked, you will win a valuable gift, no limit.
We will be selling wine glasses with the new NFB logo, cost $10 for one and
$15 for two, no limit.

I guess the only limit is what you want to spend.

Vendors will be available in the Exhibit Hall—Dunes Ballroom at the
following times: Thursday, 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm and Friday, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm

Guide Dog Relief Area: The guide dog relief area will be in one location
only. There will be both a grassy area and a cement area. Directions from
the hotel lobby: Step off the elevator and turn right. Proceed 8 or 9 steps
and turn left. Proceed about 50 steps through the convention hall corridor
to reach the rear exit doors. Once outside, walk about 4 steps and turn left
to find the sidewalk. Walk on the sidewalk about 100 feet to the relief
area. The grassy area and cement areas are on the right at the end of this
sidewalk.  There is a line trash can on the grassy area. Please note: there
is a parking lot to the right of the long sidewalk and a service delivery
area just beyond the relief area. It is not necessary or advisable to step
off the curb at any time to access the relief area. If there are any
questions, please contact Dan Facchini at 201-906-8655.

Thanks to Our Sponsors

Let’s Make It Happen Level
Capco

Raising Expectations Level

Radwell International

Live the Life You Want Level
Vanda Pharmaceuticals

Transforming Dreams Level
3D PhotoWorks
AIRA
C TECH
Eye Assist, LLC
Independence Science
Sprint Vision
Can Do Believers Level
Amway
Association of Blind Athletes of New Jersey (ABANJ)
Family Resource Network, EDGE Program
iCanConnect/NJ
JW.org
Mariposa Essence
NJ Commission for the Blind & Visually Impaired
NJ State Library Talking Book & Braille Center
Support Service Providers of NJ (SSPNJ)
SW Unlimited LLC