[NFBNJ] Opportunity For Touch Tour Please Share

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 15 14:23:01 UTC 2017

Greetings to all!
Received from Linda Melendez, Chair of the Sports and Recreation Committee
of the NFBNJ.
Please consider sharing.
Joe ruffalo

**

Subject: OUR  WORLD BY TOUCH -- IN PHILADELPHIA!

Greetings to all!

We have provided information pertaining to this activity, NJ Transit
possibilities  and information pertaining to cost.

The following information is being forwarded by  the sports and recreation
committee of the NFBNJ as a courtesy, in accordance with our continued
efforts to share information that may be of interest or of benefit to
individuals who are blind and vision-impaired and should not be construed as
an official endorsement.

The University of Pennsylvania's Penn Museum in Philadelphia is holding a
Tactile Trip Around the World touch and verbal tour for blind and visually
impaired individuals on Sunday, October 1st   from 11 a.m. to 3 pm. You will
be able to explore the museum's galleries including the Sphinx in the Egypt
Gallery and the Quilin

in the China Gallery. Museum staff will be stationed at each location to
guide participants through the tactile experiences, give verbal
descriptions, and offer assistance.

If you have any question please contact Trish Maunder Creative Director,
Philly Touch Tours at 215-790-9079
https://www.penn.museum/visit/plan-your-visit

NJ Transit's Access Link or SEPTA's local train from the Trenton NJ Transit
Transportation Center  can take you to Amtrak's  30th Street Station. From
there, Uber or Lyft can provide a short, inexpensive ride to the Penn
Museum.