[NFBNJ] Door Prize LetterState Convention Pasted And Attached Need Your Consideration

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 19 17:09:28 UTC 2017

Greetings to all!
Hope you are making plans to join the largest and oldestorganization of the blind in New Jersey, the National Federation of the Blind,  at our 41st state convention, Live The Life You Want at the Holiday Inn, 151 Route 72 East, Manahawkin, from Thursday, November 9 through Sunday, November 12, 2017.
Provided below, pasted and attached, is a letter to obtain door prizes.
I am asking all who receive to change where needed, make copies and bring to stores and other establishments in your area.
We had successes with grocery stores, Costco, BJ’s, Duncan Donuts, Target, Kmart,CVS, Wallgreen’s, Walmart, hair and nail salons,  and don’t forget your local bank.

I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
See you at the 41st state convention.
For additional information highlighting the pre registration form, contact information to reserve your hotel rooms, details pertaining to the state convention and other posts, please visit,

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

***

September 19, 2017

Dear Friend:

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey will be hosting it's 41st Annual State Convention, “Live The Life You Want; Let’s Make It Happen,” November 9 - 12, 2017, at the Holiday Inn in Manahawkin, NJ. We’re looking for items to use for door prizes and fund-raisers at the event. Can you help us out?

As you may know, the National Federation of the Blind is a non-profit, private  sector resource of knowledge, support and encouragement for people who are  blind (Federal 501(c)(3) ID #22-2716500). Take a look at our website: www.nfbnj.org

We offer training and advocacy to blind people and parents of blind children, and work to remove legal, economic and societal barriers so that blind people can participate fully in employment, education, recreation and all other aspects of community life. Our annual convention is one way we work toward achieving these goals.

Hundreds of blind people, parents of blind children, service providers, technology producers/distributors, inventors of products designed to enhance accessibility and independence, and representatives from rehabilitation services, agencies, private agencies for the blind and the New Jersey Talking Book and Braille Center attend our annual convention. At our convention, we also award scholarships to deserving young blind scholars.

Door prizes and surprises make this event even more exciting. Because we are financed only by contributions from our members, friends and well-wishers, we hope you’ll be able to help us out with a gift we can use as a door prize or fund-raiser item. Your tax deductible contribution(s) checks should be made payable to National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey.

Mail to:

Jane Degenshein, Chair of Auction/Donations of the NFBNJ

14 Elmwood Avenue

West Orange, NJ 07052

If more convenient, call 973 736 5785 or email us at jdegen16 at comcast.net and we’ll arrange for the item to be picked up. We’ll look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,