[NFBNJ] Krafters Division Open To ALL Please Distribute Widely

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 8 17:52:01 UTC 2018

Greetings!
Recently, I have had several inquiries  pertaining to crafts.
Please review the following and please share with others.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

***

Dear State President;

              My name is Terry Powers and I am representing The National
Federation Of The Blind Krafters Division.  I am shairing our flier with
you, below, for you to distribute, throughout your state and at your state
convention.  We are trying to spread the word that blind people cand  be
tought to craft by using tactual skills.  Those who used to depend on their
sight to craft, now can learn to craft, by using their  sence of tutch.
              Please help us out, by shairing with people of all ages.

Thank you.

Terry Powers
Board Member

NFB KRAFTERS DIVISION

The National Federation of the Blind Krafters Division was established in
July 2008.  This organization began its inception from Joyce Kane's desire
to share the love of crafting among individuals who are blind and visually
impaired.  The K in Krafters is a tribute to our founder, Joyce Kane.  We
meet via a conference call each Monday night at 7:30 PM Eastern.  The
general conference chat line is 605-475-4000, participant access code
966659.  Our Monday night chats are open to members and non-members alike.
We discuss crafting and blindness related topics.  We offer crafting classes
via conference call and email.  Our classes are taught by and for visually
impaired individuals, meaning detailed verbal description is given.  If an
individual is interested in our classes, but not sure if they would like to
join our division, we offer one trial class of their choice for free.  Our
yearly membership dues are $20.  By joining our division, you may take as
many classes as you like during the membership year.  We have offered
classes in the following categories: needle knitting, loom knitting,
crochet, beading/ jewelry making, safety pin beading, quilting, sewing,
basket making, kumihimo, clay, plastic canvas, felting, latch hooking,
macram�, origami, soap making, and other miscellaneous crafts.  Presently,
classes are managed via our website
www.krafterskorner.org<http://www.krafterskorner.org>.  There you can read
about all the happenings and sign up for classes.  We also have an email
listserve where we discuss crafting topics and develop new friendships.  To
sign up for the listserve go to
Should you have further questions, please contact Tammy Freitag, President
email:
krafters.division.president at gmail.com<mailto:krafters.division.president at gmail.com>
or phone: 402-904-5105
NFB Live the Life You Want!