[NFBNJ] NFBNJ: Audio Described Performances at Shakespeare Theatre of NJ

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 14:31:50 UTC 2018

>From the desk of NFBNJ President Joe Ruffalo.

Received from Pam Gaston, NJCBVI.

The following information is being forwarded by CBVI as a courtesy, in
accordance with our continued efforts to share information that may be of
interest or of benefit to individuals who are blind and vision-impaired and
should not be construed as an official endorsement.

The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey (formerly called "New Jersey
Shakespeare Festival") is one of 25 professional theatres in the state. One
of the leading Shakespeare theatres in the nation - serving 100,000 adults
and children annually - it is New Jersey's only professional theatre company
dedicated to Shakespeare's canon and other classic masterworks. Through its
productions and education programs, the company strives to illuminate the
universal and lasting relevance of the classics for contemporary audiences.

As a performing arts institution, we are dedicated to the belief that arts
should be accessible for all, and are working to ensure our theatre is fully
accessible, posing no barriers. To strive toward this goal, we are now
holding Audio Described performances with Sensory Seminars.

You will find our Audio Description and sensory seminar schedule for the
remainder of the year below:

Blithe Spirit - Sunday, August 26 at 7:30 pm. Sensory Seminar at 6 pm

Buried Child - Sunday, September 30 at 7:30 pm. Sensory Seminar at 6 pm

Charley's Aunt - Sunday, November 4 at 7:30 pm. Sensory Seminar at 6 pm

The Winter's Tale - Sunday, December 16 at 7:30 pm. Sensory Seminar at 6 pm

We do have group rates for groups of 10 or more, and we would love for you
to join us!

The F.M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre

36 Madison Avenue

Madison, NJ 07940

Box Office: 973-408-5600

Email: BoxOffice at ShakespeareNJ.org <mailto:BoxOffice at ShakespeareNJ.org>

Forwarded by:

Brian A. Mackey

Brian A. Mackey
Owner, Mackey Enterprises, LLC
Treasurer & Webmaster, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey
Webmaster, National Federation of the Blind of Delaware, Pennsylvania,
Nevada, & Illinois
Member, National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Blind Users Innovating &
Leading Design (BUILD) Team
609-680-8488
 <mailto:Bmackey88 at gmail.com> Bmackey88 at gmail.com
 <http://www.mackeyenterprisesllc.com/> www.mackeyenterprisesllc.com

"Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make
those dreams come true"
      -Vince Papale