[NFBNJ] 2018 ISLAND conference

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 18 19:55:31 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
Please read and share with others this opportunity highlighting the STEM
field.

Subject: 2018 ISLAND conference
Hello Joe,
I was wndering if you would be willing to help me distribute the following
announcement regarding the 2018 ISLAND conference. It is being hosted at
Princeton University this year.
It would be great if you could make it.
Thanks for your help.
Cary

9th Annual Inclusion in Science, Learning a New Direction, Conference
(ISLAND) on Disability

The 9th annual Inclusion in Science, Learning a New Direction, Conference
(ISLAND) on disability is just around the corner! Come learn about
innovative research that seeks to integrate persons with disabilities into
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields of study
from researchers and practitioners in the field. The conference will also
include current professionals from the field that will present Enrichment
programs and other research they are currently engaged in promoting access
to technology in the STEM Education Industry. Network with these
Twenty-First Century innovators who are promoting inclusion and equity in
STEM opportunities.
The conference will be held on Friday, September 14, and Saturday, September
15, 2018 at Bowen Hall located on Prospect Drive on the Princeton University
campus in Princeton, New Jersey. The conference will begin on Friday,
September 14 with a reception that will begin at 6:30 PM. This reception
will be followed by a keynote address by Michael Hingson who is himself
totally blind. He will tell his story about how he survived the World Trade
Center tragedy in 2001. His blindness skills and himself being a scientist
did pay dividends in his successful escape, but the countless others he also
helped to get out.
The conference will then continue on the morning of Saturday, September 15
with a continental breakfast at 8:30 AM and conclude by 5:30 PM. Conference
registration is $20 in advance and $30 after September 1. Attendees can
register by going to: http://independencescience.com/island_registration/
Please note, pre-registration is necessary for meal planning preferences.
Therefore, onsite registration may not guarantee meal options of your
choice, therefore we strongly recommend pre-registration if possible.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the
program coordinator,
Cary Supalo - Csupalo at purdue.edu<mailto:Csupalo at purdue.edu>
We look forward to seeing you at the 2018 Island Conference!