[NFBNJ] O&M Survey with working link

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 11 14:35:16 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
Please read and share with others.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

****

Subject: O&M Survey with working link

Hello,

Please forward this survey to any interested individual/organization who you
fell may be interested.

My name is Merry-Noel Chamberlain, and I am a doctoral student in
Transformational Leadership at Concordia Universityout of Portland, Oregon.
I am conducting an online study investigating confidence levels in
Orientation and Mobility (O&M), post O&M training.  This involves how often
and how far people travel away from their home environment after they have
completed formalO&M training.

The targeted population for this survey are individuals who:
1)   Are blind or visually impaired.
2)   Completed *formal Orientation & Mobility (O&M) training in or after
1999 in the United States. (*= Formal training consists of instruction
received in a state or private rehabilitation training center designed for
individuals with visual impairments.)
3)   Did not receive any *formal Orientation & Mobility training from a
private or state rehabilitation agencyprior to the age of 20.
4)   Are between the ages of 20 and 70 (including the age of 20 and the age
of 70).
5)   Are NOT current or former O&M instructors.
6)   Are NOT guide dog users.
7)   Do not have additional disabilities (hearing impairment, mental,
physical or other health concerns) which hindersindependent travel.

This study consists of an online survey, which will take about a half an
hour to complete. In exchange for participation,participants will have the
opportunity to enter a raffle drawing for one of four $25 Visa gift card.
All responses will be anonymous and confidential.
Follow this link to the Survey:
Take the Survey

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
 https://cuportland.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0U043RHIJS8YNIV?Q_DL=9RLM50Wn1PtT2SN_0U043RHIJS8YNIV_MLRP_3FaEtijh3Z3e2CF&Q_CHL=emailThere are no risksto participating in this study other than the everydayrisk of being on your computer as you take this survey. For me, I willreceive the benefit of your answers which will help me understand yourtravel experiences/habits after your formal O&M training. Inturn, you couldbenefit by reflecting on your own travel experiences/habits post yourinstruction.All data is collected anonymously. The data you provide will be heldprivately within the on-line survey instrument. In the options section, ifyou were to write additional comments that made it to where we predict thatsomeone could possibly deduce your identity, we would not include thisinformationin any publication or report. All data will be destroyed threeyears after the study ends. At any time, you can discontinue answering thequestions in this online survey. Please print a copy of this for yourrecords.If you have questions you can talk to or write the principalinvestigator, ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­Merry-NoelChamberlain atmechamberlain at mail2.cu-portland.edu.Thank you!Merry-Noel Chamberlain,Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments, MAOrientation & Mobility Certified,MA